Lkorecky11 Posted July 26, 2017 Report Posted July 26, 2017 So as of now I have an 01 Nissan Frontier XE and ive put in two jl wov3 subs. They are currently running off of the stock alternator and a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D monoblock. I wanna add two more 12s but I don't know what amp I should get. I know I should probably upgrade the alternator but the highest one I've found is 120 w. A while back I did upgrade the door speakers with jl C1-650 running to aftermarket radio.
Wishuponasub Posted July 26, 2017 Report Posted July 26, 2017 As far as alternators go you can check with singer, mechman, dc power. On the amplifier part you could just grab another Rockford 1200 if you wanted to, or are you just wanting 1 amp for the 4 12s? Sitting around waiting to be installed: 4 FI X 10 270 CES alt D3400/73ah lithium AA 3800.1 (2) AA 75.4
06RTCharger Posted July 27, 2017 Report Posted July 27, 2017 Should get an amp for those components. Deck power is pretty weak, usually only gives under 20w. Those speakers rms is 75, peak says 225 or something.
YukonXL04 Posted July 27, 2017 Report Posted July 27, 2017 That Rockford 1200 should push 4 w0's. And you shouldn't need a HO alt for 1200w 18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33 05 TL build log SOLD 04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed
Lkorecky11 Posted July 27, 2017 Author Report Posted July 27, 2017 16 hours ago, Wishuponasub said: As far as alternators go you can check with singer, mechman, dc power. On the amplifier part you could just grab another Rockford 1200 if you wanted to, or are you just wanting 1 amp for the 4 12s? I could get another 1200 but what would be the better option? Plus as 06RTCharger said should i get a separate amp for those? Or what would be ideal
06RTCharger Posted July 27, 2017 Report Posted July 27, 2017 I was referring to the components (mids&highs). You should definatly get those onto an actual amp, rather than the really weak deck power. Youre about to have four 12s for ur sub stage with ur front stage only running off the deck? Gotta balance it out a lil bit lol. Amplify ur front stage and get ur moneys worth out of those JL components.
Lkorecky11 Posted July 27, 2017 Author Report Posted July 27, 2017 1 hour ago, 06RTCharger said: I was referring to the components (mids&highs). You should definatly get those onto an actual amp, rather than the really weak deck power. Youre about to have four 12s for ur sub stage with ur front stage only running off the deck? Gotta balance it out a lil bit lol. Amplify ur front stage and get ur moneys worth out of those JL components. I get that much but i just dont know what amp to get. I mean i have the 1200 mono which i could very well get another for the other 12s but what about the ones youre referring to?
06RTCharger Posted July 28, 2017 Report Posted July 28, 2017 If u wanna keep it all RF then get the R150x2, or u could even run ur tweeters and mid on its own channel with the R300x4. With the two channel you'll need to use the passive crossover when wiring it all up. With the four channel you can wire each speaker to its own channel and be able to tweek it around as u want.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.