Old School Guts

06RTCharger

Just realised i posted my first thread in the wrong area lol, deleted it and made this one.

Finally got the sub amp ive been wanting for a while now, no other amp was cutting it for me. If i went with any other amp it wouldve been me settling for it because i couldnt get this. Can anyone tell me how the internals look? Also is this the "taps" to select 8ohm/4ohm, if this amp even has that(see pic below). I also have never seen an amp with that wire donut thing set upward like this, is that something unique about this amp or it doesnt really matter? Any info about this would be great, just wanna learn a lil more about it, and see if you guys think it looks correct. Check it out.

IMG_4767.JPG

Anyone know why the negative speaker terminals are so small compared to the positive. This is a strong amp, and looks like maybe 14-16gauge holes on the negative. 1500rms through 16gauge? Or are these terminals used differently than i am thinking and u dont stick the wire through that hole? 

Pic of terminals is 3posts up.

No idea on the ground terminals being smaller, Im guessing thats how they where back then. Theoretically you could find some larger terminals for the amp and install them if you really wanted too, but I doubt that it will make any difference.
And yes those are the taps to select 4 ohm and 8 ohm, iirc they are set to 8 ohm from the factory and if you are running a 4 ohm load you need to manually swap them over or you will blow the amp up. The amp is said to do the same power at 4 ohms or 8 ohms as well.
Nice guts!

33 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

No idea on the ground terminals being smaller, Im guessing thats how they where back then. Theoretically you could find some larger terminals for the amp and install them if you really wanted too, but I doubt that it will make any difference.
And yes those are the taps to select 4 ohm and 8 ohm, iirc they are set to 8 ohm from the factory and if you are running a 4 ohm load you need to manually swap them over or you will blow the amp up. The amp is said to do the same power at 4 ohms or 8 ohms as well.
Nice guts!

Not sure id want to alter it from being a Tips modified amp. Do u think maybe the holes on the terminal is just clarity between pos/neg? Like just incase the red and black plastic caps  arent there, you'd still know the small hole side is negative. Similar to how battery terminals have a smaller diameter stud to signify which stud is negative. 

Archived