Need Suggestions: 6.5" component sets

Daniel644

I've got a Hifonics BRX640.4 4 channel amp running all my mids and highs (80 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohm, 160 RMS at 2 ohm), I currently have a set of Polk Audio DB6501 components in my front doors but I find some of the tweeter high to be to harsh and the door panel in my last car screwed up the surrounds on the 6.5", I bought new universal surrounds on ebay but the glue it came with didn't really grip all that well and when I threaded one of the screws in it snagged the surround and partially separated it from the cone, so now at higher volumes that 6.5" gets a bunch of distortion in it and frankly just not in love with this component set, can anyone recommend a reasonably price component set where the highs aren't so harsh and maybe a little more mid-bass kick from the 6.5" and of course rated to handle the power of the amp (2 ohm would be cool if possible but not seeing much selection in that ohm rating) the 6.5" is going in the stock door location with the tweeter in the dash on an 03 Trailblazer.

JBL P660c best bang for you money comp set, since they have been discontinued the prices on ebay have went up but still worth the costs if you get em under $200 a set.

They handle power like no other for the price point and sound very good on more power, but do yourself a favor and get a quality amp to power them with.

With proper door treatment these will put a ton of midbass out of your doors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-P660C-6-5-2-Way-Power-Series-Component-Car-Audio-Speakers-kappa-60-11cs-/301974403728?hash=item464f13ba90:g:kXgAAOSwtJZXUh2V

I usually recommend 2 brands, one being the JBL and the other are Hertz hsk line, while there are tons of other brands out there those 2 have done everything i have ever expected a speaker to do and more.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

22 hours ago, bmwking said:

https://www.ctsounds.com/products/meso-6-5-comp

crossover has settings to turn down the brightness of the tweeters

ordered those on Amazon, had like 90 bucks in gift cards from changing in my change at coinstar (they don't take a percentage if you get an egift certificate) and other gift cards i've earned from other places over the last while, so only had to pay 60 bucks out of pocket.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

ordered those on Amazon, had like 90 bucks in gift cards from changing in my change and other gift cards i've earned from other places over the last while, so only had to pay 60 bucks out of pocket.

that's the way to do it!  hopefully youre happy with em.  I run 2 sets of the 5.25" ones and could not be happier.  had to turn the tweeters to -12db to settle them down.  the mids make my leg hair move so i think theyre pretty punchy.  i have a set on HU power that sounds excellent, and a set on a CT sounds AT200.4 that absolutely screams.  I think youll be happy once you get them tuned up right with your amp!  post back and let us know!

Archived