look what i found . so you need alot of cone area ?

camshairtricks

Just as a note, I would take that video with a grain of salt. There's a reason he's focusing on the piece of paper taped to the half closed window. I'm not knocking his system and i'm sure it sounds great but he's setting up the scene to be more impressive than it is. My single 12 can shred news paper in the port but does that make it equivalent to someone who can do that with a wall? Big difference is they can just through it in there and it'll shred but I have to hold the piece to the enclosure (kind of like the way he has it taped) and it just kinda rips in half. Point is is perspective. Again, i'm sure he's doing great things, I was just pointing something out. It's kind of like when people will video their rear view mirrors to show how loud their system is...and that's all they video. Very deceptive. It looks cool and seems loud but my girlfriends stock door speakers will make her mirror shake quite a bit. 

As for being loud on a little bit of cone area, there's a lot that goes into play. Like others above me have stated, cone area just makes it easier. People have gotten crazy numbers out of tiny subs. 

Archived