Second Skin Audio

Best box for 1 DC level 6 18

Jpbennington

Trying to figure out what kind of box design to go with for my single dc level 6 18. I'll have around 3k rms to it. I was gonna go with a 4th order but I've heard they are not good with sealed boxes so now I'm looking at a 6th. I just want the most out of my sub. I would like it tuned around 35 to 40. This is for everyday use. Not looking to break any records or anything. Lol. Thanks all for the help.

9 minutes ago, Jpbennington said:

Would a 4th order work with this sub though?

Does your situation benefit from a bandpass box over a conventional ported box (blow through, wirewalled trunk, etc)?  

A well-done conventional ported box is going to get you the best performance 99% of the time.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

30 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Does your situation benefit from a bandpass box over a conventional ported box (blow through, wirewalled trunk, etc)?  

A well-done conventional ported box is going to get you the best performance 99% of the time.

I know band pass shit is all the rage, and all the cool kids do it,          but,,,,, ^^^^^^^^^^ as fuck.

The sub will work in a 4th order bandpass box, but not terribly well IMHO.  

If you want to try it anyway.  I'd use 4 cu ft sealed, this is big but you can get away with it because you aren't running huge power.  For the ported side I'd go with 6 cu ft.  Tune it to around 45 hz with at least 120 sq in of port area.  As with all bandpass boxes, I recommend making the port removeable or otherwise adjustable so you can tweak the tuning when you get it playing.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

I've been searching and I'm not leaning towards a 4th anymore. I just can't make up my mind. Lol. Now I'm searching everything on T lines. I just want to see if I can build something that will make a big difference than what I have now. Been trying to find single 18 boxes for these subs but can't really do d anything. I can for 2 or more but not single.

3 hours ago, Jpbennington said:

I've been searching and I'm not leaning towards a 4th anymore. I just can't make up my mind. Lol. Now I'm searching everything on T lines. I just want to see if I can build something that will make a big difference than what I have now. Been trying to find single 18 boxes for these subs but can't really do d anything. I can for 2 or more but not single.

Whats the specs on your current box?  

Builds:

Archived