Second Skin Audio

Soundqubed subwoofers

Hooah87

So I have a Soundstream Picasso nano 650d , does 650 at 2 ohms. It’s been on an amp dyno so I know it does rated power. Might not last forever but it’s what I got at the moment. I also have an re audio scx10v2 d4 wired at 2 ohms in a 1.5 cubic box tuned to around 33 hz. 

Its been doing very good for about a year now, but lately after jamming out for like 15 or 20 mins at full tilt and  I’m starting to smell like its cooking my coil. This woofer is only a 400 watt rms sub so I thought it would be a good match with my amp. A little headroom is always good. But I’ve been thinking of getting a new sub that can be pounded on for long periods of time without worries. 

I tuned my amp with a dd1 only 10 db of overlap. No bass boost super clean signal. 

My question is, can anyone recommend me the proper soundqubed sub for my scenario, I see they have a 600wrms sub then it jumps up to 1200wrms sub. 

Do they have woven tensil leads can’t  find a definitive description on their website. My budget is under 150$ for the sub if you recommend a different sub, just saw soundqubed is having a sale and I’ve heard only good things about them

thank you for any advice 

The HDS can handle 600 watts and you have 650 seems pretty straight forward to me. As for tinsel leads I cant remember, my son is running 2x12's have held up well. Could do the Sundown E series as well, step up from the HDS in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply  ckeeler11 I’ve never heard or used a sundown e series,  my friend says to try the lcs 12” by sundown but at 300wrms I don’t want to blow it. And the re sub I have now has more usuable throw in terms of xmax then the HDs or sundown sub, so I’m in a toss up 

8 minutes ago, alex912005 said:

HDS3.1 should take that power and it's on sale for 119$. That's a steal. I'd get the 15 inch though, if you have the space.

It's on sale for a good price and it would take the power. Although he barely has half power to run that sub. Unless you could wire down to 1 ohm of course. If then, do it, but if not stick with the S2. 

Archived