Sonic Electronix

need help rebuilding my system

I have a 2011 subaru legacy.. i have a pioneer 8000nex indash installed.  i have 2 way speakers in front doors and 3 way speakers in rear doors they are being ran by a pioneer 8604 amp.  there is no problem here.  my issue is I had 2 sound stream R124 subs the older ones  and i have smoked my 6th set. 1st couple sets were smoked on a soundstream tarantula amp  dont remember which one  but those amps liked to self destruct...  on the 6th set i went with an Audiopipe APMI-2000. a friend of mine that does spl competition sold it to me brand new.  it was pretty awesome on the 850watt rms soundstream r124's but after about a month i smoked both  i have the big 3 done and an optima yellow top... what subs should i go with (wanting 2 12's) for this amps power. also is there any other things i should buy to add to the system like a gel battery or something Im ready to be back slamming back in the day i never had this issue with constantly blowing subs and what not.  any pointers and stuff would be greatly appreciated.  also right before the subs blew the amp would over heat and shut off every now and again.  any pointers would be helpful   i really dont want to have to buy another mono block  trying to get by for now with new subs that can handle the power. 

thanks

Well here is a link to some subs that can handle 1k-2k RMS.

If you are constantly blowing subs are you sure you have the system tuned right?   I have had people say to me and I know it is not but people still say it, are you using the gain on the amp like a volume knob?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i41_12-car-subwoofers.html?filter_f_r_33[min]=1201&filter_f_r_33[max]=2000

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Set your gain with a dd-1 or oscilloscope they way your setting amp is wrong and that is probably your issue. If you don't have one of those tools ask around could meet up with someone and have them set it for you properly.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

im looking at the skar ddx 12's but im now confused should i get dual 2 ohm or 4 ohm?  do i need a second battery or no i mean  back when i had a nice sq sub system it was 2 audiobahn 4ohm dvc 12's with an ma audio amp.. it was pretty nice in an extended cab s10.   just the next subs i buy i want to last or a while ya know.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to learn how to set your gain otehrwise you will continue to blow shit up. The gain should be matched tot he amps preout voltage halfway means nothing, you could end up with the gain all the way left or all the way right depending on what headunit you have.

I would avoid Skar ad run American bass, Sundown, Dayton, SSA, etc.

Archived