Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Right car speakers louder than left side


Recommended Posts

Posted

I used my dd1 to set my gains on my amp. Used it for kicker coaxial. The left side of my car speaker, front and rear, sound monotone. The left side sounds like it in stereo. What would cause this?

Posted

The polarity was off, however the left side is still dimmer than the right side. I have the option on my HU to turn of my rear speakers, if I want too. I did and the balance corrected itself. When I put the rear speakers back on, the right side was louder than the left, as if the left side lost DB? Would a bad ground cause this??

Posted

what HU and amp do you have? it seems like you have a "front" rca signal going to the right side input of the amp and the "rear" signal going to the left, which is why it sounds off when "rear" is on. is it a 4 channel amp, and 4 rcas coming from the HU?

Posted

I have the option of turning off the rear speakers, when I do that, the speakers balance correct itself. So I switched rcas. Stayed in the same side. It’s odd. I called sonic electronix and they said to ship the HU back. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2238 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...