Sonic Electronix

Right car speakers louder than left side

if you switched the left and right side RCAs and it stayed louder on the right side, that rules out the HU. do you have another 4 channel to test with?

No I do not. I am going to ask some car audio buddies if they have one lying around. It’s cold here in Pennsylvania. I wanted to change the. Speaker wires around and see if it travels. If it doesn’t travel, I’m going to check the volts on the amp. Haha something has to be the culprit. 

1 hour ago, Tychpa said:

Input is set to 4 channel. I checked that yesterday. Thank you :) all delays are off 

Strange... Do you own a couple of rca splitters? You could try using only the front rca's, but split them with a couple of Y adapters into the 4ch rear input and see if you get the same problem.

If so, then the head unit is still good. 

No grounding speaker lines? Terminals? (Try swapping sides like you said)  If everything checks out, then its pointing to the amp.

I can easily buy some rca splitters. That’s a good idea. I had ground idolaters on the 4 channel amp before I did my dd-1 reads. Had to take them out to get a proper distortion reading. It didn’t start to happen until I removed those. I’m thinking it’s a grounding issue. I also am running an 8601 amp to my sub. I never put the isolators back in. I know they are just a band-aid. I need to make another ground. It’s on the chassis under the seat. It’s been sanded too

Update!!!!!!

On 4 channel pioneer 8604 amplifer

front right voltage is 27.1

front left voltage is 26.8

rear right voltage is 26.8

rear left voltage is 27.1 

why is the front right voltage more than front left?

why is rear left voltage more than rear right?

is that normal?

it throws everything off. 

Update part 2

so I wired them in parallel.

i ran my rear speakers to the left rear speaker terminal (27.1V) both negative speaker wires to the negative speaker terminal on the amplifier  and both positive speaker wires to the positive speaker terminal. Then I took the right front terminal (27.1V) both negstive speakers wires to the negative speaker terminal and both positive speaker wires to the positive speaker terminal on the amplifier. Which will wire both speaker terminals to put out 2 ohm impedance. (Amplifier will handle the load, according to manual) unfortunately I’m losing watts. It now reads 150 rms at 2 ohms a channel vs 100 rms at 4 ohms per channel . So instead of each speaker getting 100 rms, they are receiving 75 rms per speaker. 

Archived