Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Crew,

I have some questions about setting up my system.

So far it consists of:
2008 Chevy Trailblazer LS
Pioneer FH-X731BT
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd (2007/2008)
Rockford Fosgate PEQ Knob for Bass
Rockford Fosgate P500-4 (2007/2008)
Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro PPS4-6
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S
2x Kenwood KFC-W3009
Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge Amp Kit
Stinger RCAs
Sky High Car Audio Speaker Wire

I'm going to be using the 360.3 for active crossovers instead of the passive ones that came with the P1T-S.
I'm using 2 channels of the 500-4 for the 6.5" and the other 2 channels for the tweeters in the dash. I'm gonna change that once I get a Punch 200-2. Then I will use the 2 channels that were used for the tweeters to power two rear speakers and use the 200-2 for the tweeters.

The first thing I'm wondering is: if it's okay to run the 2 RJ-45 cables used to control the 360.3 and the PEQ next to the speaker wires and RCA cables along the right side of the car. Will this cause any noise in either the speaker wires or RCA cables, or even in the RJ-45 cable? 

Second question is: what's the best way to  ensure that I'm not feeding too much power to the tweeters? They are capable of 60 Watts RMS but my amp is able to do up to 125 Watts RMS. How do I keep the Watts down to keep from blowing them?

Posted

I separate as much as I can. Sometimes overlapping is unavoidable. In my case with occasional overlapping, I haven't had any noise issues. As far as matching lower RMS,...

 

Posted

Have you ever had the problem where as you turn up the volume on the 360.3 with the dual knob remote, that you can hear each of the "clicks" coming out of the speakers?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1063 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...