Sundown Audio

Orion seems legit again since going Korean... Yay or nay?

DiBo

Really wanting to go sundown scv4000 for my new x12v2's but damn $1,150 compared to Orion and their 5k @ <$800. Tons of Orion army vids on YouTube and I've personally experienced a few of them in person at sema showdown last year and was impressed but I'm a noob so... Thoughts? 

The Orion Xtreet line is not even supposed to be available in the US but is and is a joke line, does not even do close to rated.  Even i was talked outta getting one vs a JBL amp at the local car audio shop here.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

7 hours ago, Big Blank said:

HCCA and XTR Lines are top notch! I run a XTR2500.1Dz and a XTR1000.4, Solid amps! 

I have the same combo rt now. I think it's good too. I'm gonna wire down to ½ohm and let everybody know what happens. I have the electrical btw. 270 amp Mechman coming any day now. 2 group 24 Bosch agm and big 3 done. Everything 1/0 gauge and 100% ofc. Gonna double up from the back battery also ( ground& power). Someone has to try it. I'm a noob but I research like a MF!! 

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2018 at 7:44 PM, DiBo said:

I have the same combo rt now. I think it's good too. I'm gonna wire down to ½ohm and let everybody know what happens. I have the electrical btw. 270 amp Mechman coming any day now. 2 group 24 Bosch agm and big 3 done. Everything 1/0 gauge and 100% ofc. Gonna double up from the back battery also ( ground& power). Someone has to try it. I'm a noob but I research like a MF!! 

Did you ever run the XTR2500 at half ohm? How'd that work out?

In my opinion i wouldn't buy Orion, they won't respond to anything, they wont answer phones, can't get my warranty fulfilled. 

My HCCA 5kv2 lasted about 3 months, it started clicking over and over randomly then started out putting a dirty signal making my sub sound like it was rattling.  It ended up blowing around 6 mosfets because the wire inside the amp that feed to the speak output terminals was zip tied to the mosfets, over time im guessing it melted through the wire then shorted out causing massive smoke. 

Thing still comes on with a green light saying its fine yet wont out put nothing.

I wouldn't care to much but they wont respond on there website, or facebook or twitter or any phone number they have on their sites.

Im waiting for the new line of Sundown SALT amps coming out starting 2020.  They come with a 2 year warranty.   

EDIT: sigh, didnt see that this was an old thread.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived