Second Skin Audio

How good can SQ in a 4th order be?

209er

Hi I’m figuring out what I want in my trunk. I was thinking a 4th order as I want little to no trunk noise. I just ordered a X8 accompanied by a US(Mike). It will be going in a 2015 E350. I’m tryna run in through arm rest(port). So are they worth doing IF DONE right? will it sacrifice that much SQ.

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Sundown X8 is not recommended for sealed so it may not be best for 4th bandpass, anyways with the right driver and the right box 4th bandpass can work on a SQ system,  but it can take some work to find and build everything right, the easy way to get SQ oriented bass is to do sealed with a larger high quality driver.

I understand. As for the reason I wanted to go that route I didn’t Want to go through this car and chase noises in the trunk. Only thing is to add a lil more bass And put a xs  power  batt  under hood. Keeping this car ass simple as I can. So scratch the X 8. Correct 

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

If it were me, I'd go sealed and use a Pioneer sub. They sound great to my ears and require small boxes. I would go for one or two of these if you just want sound quality (discernible pitch, dynamic, etc.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJXXJBE/?tag=ttr_car_subwoofer-20

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

Archived