150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

2 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

Depending on your impedence rise, that Orion might not "beat" the Team as much as you'd think. If you're only going with a single 15", you're going to struggle(likely) to get anywhere near a 150. The suggestion for 2 12" was to give you the advantage of more cone area and twice the motor force. Once you get the Team playing, ask yourself, "I wonder what 2 of these would sound like" and that's when 2 stout 12s would have answered that question. Building a box inside of a trunk is not always that tedious. If you have a Kreg jig and a small friend, you're golden.

I'm tuned in and curious where you'll end up on this road to 150. It's a fun milestone once you hit it, I'll tell you that. Having a fun, demo type vehicle and handing out smile after smile is equally(more in my opinion) satisfying. Take it to shows, demo the balls out of it and be happy.

I know I'd be louder and happier with 2-12's. I can't stress enough my awkward sz trunk and tiny ass trunk opening. I'm trying to come up with a box solution. I was thinking of building box in 2 pieces somehow and "piece together" in the trunk. Suggestions welcome. This car is headed towards 100% stereo dedicated. New daily coming within  the next year and a half. Helped a fellow basshead last night put a single Fi team 15 in a Honda Accord firing forward on an older fosgate t-1000bd... Sounded really good. Nice and deep. You could tell with more power it would've sounded better than my woofer for certain ( kinda like an x12 over an sa 12). The U series in my trunk impressed some seasoned bassheads. They didn't expect it to sound this good. Really wish I could fit 2 of these. I'd be happy with that for certain. Team 15 isn't set in stone... Fi is busy AF. And cool as a polar bears toe nails too!! I can have them make me whatever I can afford and fit. I have 3-4 weeks til they make my sub. RMS on my Orion is around [email protected] volts so it'd be like sticking a scv3000 on the team 15. Two DC level 5 12's would be great on that wolf too.... Honestly would like a car that jus impresses when I turn it up. Last night I seen an impala with 1 zv5 on a scv 6000!! Firing forward and hit a148.5 @ like 38hz and he wasn't even sealed off from the trunk. 1-15 is capable of sounding really good and hitting hard AF and makes life easier on me but... I'm up for a challenge. Hard part is deciding.

Sounds tedious, but buy some cheap mdf and build an actual box in the trunk with a kreg jig like sierra mentioned. Then remove that box and rebuild it with birch and with the lessons you learned on the dry run.

You’ll be surprised how easy it’ll be the second time. The extra box volume you gain by building in the trunk will get you closer to your goals for a lot less cost than anything else you do on the build. Rooting for you man!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Build box minus the top and back and make the sides a few inches short to maneuver a bigger box into my trunk, then put the top back and side strips to fill in the short sides. Maybe have an acrylic window on the back for viewing and finishing off the Box purposes. With an acrylic window being  the last piece to go in I'll have a way to get inside the box after I piece it together to reinforce and silicone all joints and seams...? There's a way to build in the trunk without going piece for piece. If my 12 box could just grow 3 inches taller I'd have two sp4's or zv5's in that thing. 

5 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Sounds tedious, but buy some cheap mdf and build an actual box in the trunk with a kreg jig like sierra mentioned. Then remove that box and rebuild it with birch and with the lessons you learned on the dry run.

You’ll be surprised how easy it’ll be the second time. The extra box volume you gain by building in the trunk will get you closer to your goals for a lot less cost than anything else you do on the build. Rooting for you man!

Your builds inspire me to go bigger and not take the easy road. I have a lot of respect for your skills man. Thanks for chiming in. I feel like I have to step it up after going through jus a couple pages of your shit!! Makes me like "box is getting built in the trunk man fuck it". Lol

Opinions on 2:1 trunk 4th? Team Fi 15 (if 4th friendly) on a clamped 3.5K+/-. 2ft³ sealed (motor up) 4ft³ ported. I was also thinking JY lithium 45ah but it said you need 300amp worth of charging. I only have a 270 Mechman... 

Equipment and back seats removed. Real build starting. Trunk 4th order with 2-12's. 

Amps: Wolfram 4.5k & 125.4 ( plus small 2 channel for tweeters in A pillars) 

Rear stage: 2X12's 2:1 ratio 4th tuned 40-44hz ( per suggestion of someone running similar)

Front stage: pioneer pro 8&6.5 and 1" soft dome in front doors , pioneer pro bullets in A pillars, pioneer pro 6.5 rear doors & 1" soft tweeters. 

Pioneer avh 4200 nex up front

Bosch AGM g24 under hood, 2x xs power xp3000 rear

Mechman G series 273 amps of pure alternator goodness

Double up 1/0 gauge throughout. Sound deadened trunk, roof, and doors. 

Beauty panels and acrylic viewing windows build also... Fuck there goes my fuckin foot in my mouth again! Lol it's on!!

11 minutes ago, CleanSierra said:

Again, why are you choosing a 4th BP?

Ported is too easy. This build will be more challenging, more Musical, and more rewarding. I won't be losing any output because my car only hit 145. 7 decibels. I've never done a bandpass enclosure. Time for some experience. Also I'm utilizing my spare tire space. Sealed side is only going to be 2.5ft³... that's not that large at all. I'm getting a little over a foot out of the spare tire space. I'm also soaking up all air space between the wheel wells. Also... Why not? 

It actually solves a few issues. When you fire forward you don't have loading like you do when you rear fire. When I rear fire it rattles the hell outta everything and I hate that sound from outside of the vehicle. With the fourth ported through armrest area sealed from trunk it'll sound better. I'll get nice and low and have a broader bandwidth. I'll hit a higher number that my single 15 and I'll sound better doing it. Plus how tight would a trunk forth on 5k be for a newbie doing this less than a year? Maybe I'll get some likes. I'm having fun

Archived