Project GP No Sag Springs (750lbs+) on the Camry

My $400 GP Car Audio No Sag Springs has arrived today. It took a while to get here due to some mix-ups at their facility but they took care of me and gave me $50.00 store credit so all is good.

700lbs-gp-car-audio-no-sag-springs-0.jpg

700lbs-gp-car-audio-no-sag-springs-3.jpg

700lbs-gp-car-audio-no-sag-springs-1.jpg

700lbs-gp-car-audio-no-sag-springs-2.jpg

I'll post some more videos of the assembly process later and the install. I had to place an order on Amazon for the KYB SB101 Bumper Stoppers. I hope these Spring Compressors can handle these 700lbs+ GP No Sag Springs.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Bro if those dont work out, you can get springs cheap from BC Racing. $136 per pair shipped. I sized my first set wrong (my fault on spring rate prediction), but the second set is perfect. 4kg/mm spring rate is just right for mine. 

0452B57B-71A4-4B00-9C87-CB87279F6B7D.jpeg

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

19 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Bro if those dont work out, you can get springs cheap from BC Racing. $136 per pair shipped. I sized my first set wrong (my fault on spring rate prediction), but the second set is perfect. 4kg/mm spring rate is just right for mine. 

0452B57B-71A4-4B00-9C87-CB87279F6B7D.jpeg

If I had known I would have gone with them :(

Would you just give them an estimate of how many lbs above stock weight you'd want to bring car back into stock height and they make the spring for you base on that? or do you need to know the exact spring rates and what not?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

5 hours ago, moh.vze.com said:

If I had known I would have gone with them :(

Would you just give them an estimate of how many lbs above stock weight you'd want to bring car back into stock height and they make the spring for you base on that? or do you need to know the exact spring rates and what not?

Yes except they just select a spring out of a catalog that suits your requirements. 

Sizing/fitment is always an estimate unless you take measurements of your spring deflection AND know the spring rate.  Since I knew the unsprung height and spring rate of the first set I ordered, I measured the sprung height and did some simple calcs to come to the correct height with a slightly softer rate.  Currently happy after the second set. Still worth it IMO.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• 2 weeks later...

The damn KYB bumper stopper barely fits into the bellow rubber cover on the strut so I had to put the bump stop at the bottom (normally they're at the top I think).

Hopefully the bellow cover doesn't move up over time leaving the strut piston exposed.

Install is done.

My ABS light in the dash is on :(

I am guessing I over extended the ABS wire during the strut install. Any advice on how to trouble shoot where the potential short circuit might be...

What I noticed about these springs was the GP Car Audio No Sag Springs had more coils than the stock. My ride height at the rear is at like 28" though. Is this normal? I ask this because they originally had some mixups at the warehouse with my stuff and had to speed production these for me.

kyb-gp-no-sag-02.jpg

kyb-gp-no-sag-01.jpg

kyb-gp-no-sag-03.jpg

kyb-gp-no-sag-04.jpg

kyb-gp-no-sag-05.jpg

kyb-gp-no-sag-06.jpg

Archived