Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 Ok so yes my sub, amps and speakers all work. What are.some.important things.to test for to make sure everything is hooked up properly and not an accident waiting to happen. Things I can do with a DMM? .
White Lightning Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 I confused while reading your equipment list on your sig. Why do you have a sealed 10” driver and a low tuned ported 18” driver ??? Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 That's the first thing you'd check after an install? Someone else signature? I'm confused. Do you always tell.someone they have a nice setup.without looking at their setup? .
White Lightning Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 11 minutes ago, Mack187Murder said: That's the first thing you'd check after an install? Someone else signature? I'm confused. Do you always tell.someone they have a nice setup.without looking at their setup? I’m not disrespectful in other people’s build threads. Plain and simple answer Sir. But to answer your original question, you’re supposed to test and tune while in the design and build stages. Not after everything is built any pray it tunes out. according to you, it’s complete. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Crazy 8s Drums Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 Well, what I did after I got everything put together and ready to rock was to just play it conservatively for a while to let the speakers 'break in' a bit. The subs were stiff right out of the box. I quadruple checked all the connections. Paid attention for any odd scents, like hot wire smell... I left the hood open to see if anything was odd in there. I used the HU balance to check if left vs right was proper. Checked the fader. Then I started adjusting eq and stuff in the HU. If you don't have a volt meter in the cabin you should get one. Monitor voltage. I use 2 different sources; one from the OBD output using a bluetooth adapter and android phone and also one plugged in to the cigarette lighter that also has 2.4a USB charger. They both jive with each other. Aside from all that, rock that stuff out and enjoy it! Orion XTR amplifiers Skar subs
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 If you were being respectful.youd hit me.a pm and not hijack.another thread. As for.what to test for. Your telling me once everything's complete..you guys don't double.chrck shit monthly.or seminannually? You just let it.ride.till.something breaks? .
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 And since your fucking dying to know lightning. 6.5 woofers for.mids. 10" sub for.midbass-midhigh bass. 18" lowbass. The hertz SPL.10" 600wrms sub was.on salemfor 120 bucks at visions on Black Friday. I had 2 cdt audio 10-4000hz 6.5" woofers I was using for midbass but cdt is shit and they both fucking blew on me. Why I went to to.the 10" sub .
Crazy 8s Drums Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 Some may say that breaking in a new sub is not necessary, and they may be right, but I error on the side of caution. I don't have the money to just replace stuff that I blew up and I dont find any pride in destroying my stuff. Orion XTR amplifiers Skar subs
Jessica Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 break in? ive railed on my 10's for a long time. suspension feels the same as when i bought them, same for my SA's and the p2-8's. To each their own i guess. But i would play with crossover points and slopes. fins what makes your drivers blend the best. might tyy adjusting phase to see if there is any cancellation. Sometimes cutting gain back on a pair of drivers will help them blend better as well. And then if you have the option, work on time alignment. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
White Lightning Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 5 minutes ago, Mack187Murder said: If you were being respectful.youd hit me.a pm and not hijack.another thread. As for.what to test for. Your telling me once everything's complete..you guys don't double.chrck shit monthly.or seminannually? You just let it.ride.till.something breaks? I would have pm’d if I thought there was a problem, but I didn’t see one. All I did was ask a question. My apologies if I went the wrong way about it. i build sound quality systems. I’m constantly fixing rattles and charging batteries. As for the system itself, once it’s dialed in, I play hell out of it, sit back, and collect the trophies. 4 minutes ago, Mack187Murder said: And since your fucking dying to know lightning. 6.5 woofers for.mids. 10" sub for.midbass-midhigh bass. 18" low Thank you, that’s all I was asking for. Again, nice setup Sir. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.