Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 3 minutes ago, White Lightning said: I would have pm’d if I thought there was a problem, but I didn’t see one. All I did was ask a question. My apologies if I went the wrong way about it. i build sound quality systems. I’m constantly fixing rattles and charging batteries. As for the system itself, once it’s dialed in, I play hell out of it, sit back, and collect the trophies. Thank you, that’s all I was asking for. Again, nice setup Sir. No I'm sorry. Kid kept.me up all.night. edgy as fuck today. .
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 59 minutes ago, strangeduck said: break in? ive railed on my 10's for a long time. suspension feels the same as when i bought them, same for my SA's and the p2-8's. To each their own i guess. But i would play with crossover points and slopes. fins what makes your drivers blend the best. might tyy adjusting phase to see if there is any cancellation. Sometimes cutting gain back on a pair of drivers will help them blend better as well. And then if you have the option, work on time alignment. Strange. Time alignment. That's the time it takes when the sound leaves a driver and hits.your ears correct? So if I was in driver's seat..I'd have to have my driver side mid with a delay to.match the passengers side mid correct? This.my head unit. I know it had all.those options.on it .
Jessica Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 yes. most headunits let you set the distance to each speaker. that will get you close. you can tweak it from there. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 Very good. Will.work on that. Also .another question..my system.is passive. With crossovers and shit.. I should let them.do the work correct? Not the headunit?. Like.if I have an amp with highpass.set to 80 for my.mids. then it sends anything above.80hz to my.crossovers which splits.it up.between.mid and tweet. So would messing with my.equalizer.on the HU cancel.certain shit out..and is that.bad.practice? .
Jessica Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 i prefer to use my headunit to set crossovers unless you have a way to know for damn sure where your amps crossover is set to. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 Do you set your amps.to full through or full pass then and.just use head unit? Or do you still set.a high pass and just.go from there.on your HU .
White Lightning Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 Use what you have to your advantage. Fully active can hurt rather than help if not really comfortable with frequency settings. As good as I am with this, I like keeping things simple by running passive. However, my Kenwood sets all “bottom end” settings and slopes. Which is what I was trying to say earlier. Once you get the feel of your system and vehicle, you can always change and upgrade. Best suggestion I can give is simply listen to your system. It will let you know what you need to work on. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Jessica Posted June 10, 2018 Report Posted June 10, 2018 glad you are chiming in lightning. youre a better resource than me. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Mack187Murder Posted June 10, 2018 Author Report Posted June 10, 2018 31 minutes ago, White Lightning said: Use what you have to your advantage. Fully active can hurt rather than help if not really comfortable with frequency settings. As good as I am with this, I like keeping things simple by running passive. However, my Kenwood sets all “bottom end” settings and slopes. Which is what I was trying to say earlier. Once you get the feel of your system and vehicle, you can always change and upgrade. Best suggestion I can give is simply listen to your system. It will let you know what you need to work on. Appreciate this. Will chip away at it. Dd1 gets here tomm. Will have a much better.idea of where I stand when my gains are set .
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.