The biggest thing that is eventually going to hurt oil companies most are not strikes or the strength of the dollar, its going to be the new cars that run off of alternative sources of energy such as hydrogen and solar power.

Edited by cichlidfort

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Little Italy is right, so far we have shown that in America Gas in an inelastic good. No matter what that have charged thus far we have continued to buy the same ammount of gas. It is all supply and demand. I think they are going to keep raising the price until they start seeing diminishing returns...and to be totally honest it is an extremely smart business decision. If I were an asshole business man, and in the oil company shoes I would be doing the exact same thing. Do you guys honestly think they are feeling bad that we are paying record gas prices, and they are turning in record profits? If you think so think again. They are in it to make money, and that is exactly what they are doing.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

The biggest thing that is eventually going to hurt oil companies most are not strikes or the strength of the dollar, its going to be the new cars that run off of alternative sources of energy such as hydrogen and solar power.

I wouldn't count on either of those technologies coming to fruition anytime in the immediate future. Hydrogen cars are not feasible right now cause they would either have to fill up with hydrogen, or fill up with water, but then you have a problem. If you fill up with water you are basically driving a car that is going to be splitting atoms...and from what past experience (hiroshima, and nagasaki) splitting atoms can be kinda dangerous. As for solar cars, the technology isn't far enough evolved to make them efficient enough to drive as a daily vehicle...Bill is right, Big oil has us by the short hairs right now.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Well I didn't say that the strength of the dollar will hurt gas prices, I said soon it will regain strength becoming more valuable, and therefore we could buy much more gas for the same dollar. And I don't know whether or not alternative sources of power will hurt OPEC soon, but in the long run, when oil supplies diminish anyway, gas will greatly raise in price and other alternatives will take it's place as the "must have" commodity. I can't wait until we have a strong enough alternative to destroy the need for gas...that will be a great day in history!

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

that's if the oil companies quit buying them out

What we need to Do is Just Everybody Go back to Horses....

Now that would screw them so bad!

ide get me Like 5 Horses and a Massive carage....Fill that bitch full of battery's And wall it....

Still slumpin'...lol!

Horse powered alternator FTL...what could that put out? like 5 amps?...lol

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)