Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

15" SP4 v1 Enclosure help


Recommended Posts

Posted

It all depends on the size of the 45's... 4 ea 3" 45's and a dowel, all 12.5" tall = .08ft3 roughly Thats 2.12 2.12 x H for a set (2) of 3"

                                                               ... 4 ea. 4" 45's and a dowel, all 12.5" tall = .13ft3 roughly That's 2.86 x 2.86 x H for a set (2) of 4"

Dowels are easy... same as finding the area of a circle then volume of a cylinder... Pi X radius2 x Length. In this case using a 1.5" dowel it's 1.76 .(75 x .75 x 3.14) X 12.5 (L)... that ends up as .012ft3

Helps a bunch when you've done it awhile and the values are automatic... lol

 

Posted
3 hours ago, shredder2 said:

It all depends on the size of the 45's... 4 ea 3" 45's and a dowel, all 12.5" tall = .08ft3 roughly Thats 2.12 2.12 x H for a set (2) of 3"

                                                               ... 4 ea. 4" 45's and a dowel, all 12.5" tall = .13ft3 roughly That's 2.86 x 2.86 x H for a set (2) of 4"

Dowels are easy... same as finding the area of a circle then volume of a cylinder... Pi X radius2 x Length. In this case using a 1.5" dowel it's 1.76 .(75 x .75 x 3.14) X 12.5 (L)... that ends up as .012ft3

Helps a bunch when you've done it awhile and the values are automatic... lol

 

Man good shit. I need to get off this mentally lazy spell haha. I swear I've been guessing displacement for my bracing ( scientifically of course ??). I round down tho so... LMFAO!

Posted

how would port area requirements change if I went aeroport? still 15-17cuft per cube?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Posted

Ok so I think this should work out pretty good I did calc's with and without bracing. I will add that if needed. This double baffle should hold up just fine. Im using maple.

sp415 4 cubes 15inport.PNG

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Posted
23 minutes ago, GorillaFIngeRs said:

Ok so I think this should work out pretty good I did calc's with and without bracing. I will add that if needed. This double baffle should hold up just fine. Im using maple.

sp415 4 cubes 15inport.PNG

Not bad... see post 21 for bracing displacements... a touch low on port area on your power but you'll probably never notice... Nike it!

  • 9 months later...
Posted

Thanks for all the info last year ya'll. I have decided to rebuild, go with more port area, box sounds great just time for a change. Did decent numbers with this setup but peaking higher then I would like. I am looking for some more suggestions, would like to really feel the lows. I swear this corolla his tough af to get loud. Now weighing my options between aeroport and slot port. I can fit 14.75Hx35Wx26D max. I have thought about port facing back the width of the box but maybe im missing something. Cant achieve port area and tuning that I want. Fi recommended 65-75in I'm shooting for 32hz or lower. prefer lower if possible. Thanks for any info guys!

 

Still on AQ3500.1, dual input version

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...