I have two orion hcca 5000.1d spl version amps. I have northstar group 31 up front with singer 320 alt.

Big 3 done and 3+ runs of 2/0 welding wire from front to back .

I also have a limitless lithium 80ah in back. 2nd alt ordered what else would I need to power the amps correctly

According to the manual on their website;

"Recommended fuses are 500 A for the HCCA5000.1D ..."

Since you will be using two of these amps your overall estimated amperage usage is going to be near 1,000 A. 

If you are going to be running dual alts each outputting 320 A at 2k rpm with a North Star up front (73 Ah) and a rear lithium (80 Ah) then I think you still need more reserve. 

Also something to consider is a bottle neck but really only from your batteries to your amps not your alternator to your batteries. 3 runs of 1/0 will fit 300x3 Amps max give or take, so your looking at about 900 A when your going to be pulling 1,000. I would add another run of 2/0 welding or even just 1/0 so you have ample flow for your amps. 

With this much power I think considering quality capacitors will be helpful in preventing your voltage drop with extended playtime. 

I'm sure someone else can input some more on this, but this is just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

According to the manual on their website;

"Recommended fuses are 500 A for the HCCA5000.1D ..."

Since you will be using two of these amps your overall estimated amperage usage is going to be near 1,000 A. 

If you are going to be running dual alts each outputting 320 A at 2k rpm with a North Star up front (73 Ah) and a rear lithium (80 Ah) then I think you still need more reserve. 

Also something to consider is a bottle neck but really only from your batteries to your amps not your alternator to your batteries. 3 runs of 1/0 will fit 300x3 Amps max give or take, so your looking at about 900 A when your going to be pulling 1,000. I would add another run of 2/0 welding or even just 1/0 so you have ample flow for your amps. 

With this much power I think considering quality capacitors will be helpful in preventing your voltage drop with extended playtime. 

I'm sure someone else can input some more on this, but this is just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

I don’t understand you way of thinking here ... he has two amplifiers that require 500a fuses and you’re saying install a 1000a fuse for both amplifiers ??? Meaning one of those amplifiers can ramp up to 1000a before the fuse blows ??? Sorry, doesn’t make sense to me ...

shouldn’t he run a 500a fuse with 18 inches from each amplifier ???

An alternator does not “put out” amperage. Amperage is a current draw from a device such as an amplifier. 

Actually the op will need a second alternator similar to the one he has and nothing over a 500a fuse before each amplifier. 

Just a thought ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

19 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I don’t understand you way of thinking here ... he has two amplifiers that require 500a fuses and you’re saying install a 1000a fuse for both amplifiers ??? Meaning one of those amplifiers can ramp up to 1000a before the fuse blows ??? Sorry, doesn’t make sense to me ...

shouldn’t he run a 500a fuse with 18 inches from each amplifier ???

An alternator does not “put out” amperage. Amperage is a current draw from a device such as an amplifier. 

Actually the op will need a second alternator similar to the one he has and nothing over a 500a fuse before each amplifier. 

Just a thought ...

Nnonono I meant 2 500 A fuses. I was just saying combined they will draw up to near 1,000 A. The fuses for the amps are as you said, but when I was talking about him running an additional run of 1/0 or 2/0 I was referring to the capabilities of the wires themselves. For 2/0 welding wire that is about 300 A so with 3 runs of it he should have 900 A capability. Which is fine but with his amps each rated at 500 A each, then it wouldn't hurt to add another run of wire to lessen the load. 

I said with him using a dual alt setup and the north in the front lithium in the back he would need some more reserve, or possibly some capacitors. 

3 hours ago, dimondntr2004 said:

so I would have to add another battery with the second alt and I should be good ? 

You might need more than one additional battery but for sure another one would be good, so one in front and two in the back. 

Archived