Sonic Electronix

Hardware for custom car audio setup

what is the PI for? if it doesnt have audio out, what are you using it for exactly? 

I would just get a pac-lc1 or similar, run a 3.5 to rca to it, run the pac out to your amp(s)  use the amps crossovers to set filers. then you have a volume knob you can use instead of relying having to try to fumble with your phones volume controls. 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SKAR-AUDIO-RP-600-5-700W-RMS-5-CHANNEL-CLASS-AB-D-FULL-RANGE-CAR-AMPLIFIER/311775146908?epid=9015206077&hash=item48973f339c:g:5HgAAOSw4DxaXhuR

This is only a lil more than that planet audio and will have less a chance of shitting the bed. It will also power speakers more effeciently and sound better.

Thanks, that looks reasonable enough.

For the inputs, can I just double-split the 3.5 jack so i have 2 lefts and 2 rights to fill out all 4 channels?

What about the sub 5th channel? Can these things automagically filter out the non-bass and send the bass from the 4 channels over to the sub?

Isn't that, like, a low/high pass filter or something? See? Told you I'm a noob.

if you are gonna use a pac, just split the rca's near the amp or use a 5 channel that will work on 2 inputs. seems you are on a budget so this is the cheapest option to me that will be easy to use. 

im confused about what you said about the pi putting out more power than your speakers need unless i am misreading that part.

32 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

if you are gonna use a pac, just split the rca's near the amp or use a 5 channel that will work on 2 inputs. seems you are on a budget so this is the cheapest option to me that will be easy to use. 

im confused about what you said about the pi putting out more power than your speakers need unless i am misreading that part.

Not the pi... All these amps have much higher outputs than the speakers I will put in the car will demand, in terms of watts.

I don't fully understand how a pac applies here? Just looked up what a pac is... I'm a baby at this, be sure to assume I know nothing! (because i know nothing)

Also, I won't be using my phone for volume control - I'll be using the touch screen interface I designed for the pi. But that's not entirely relevant. Perhaps what you're saying is the pac would be the physical volume control if I wanted to have one?

so you are just looking for a 5 channel amp then?

just pick one you want and run a stereo output to it, any descent 5 channel will split a stereo source into all 5 outputs for you. Think a few have been linked already.  I may have been overthinking your issue.

I smell a troll 

this kind of information can easily be found at any local car audio shop. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived