Dual 2 voice coil Subwoofer reading 1.8 at DMM?

I have a kicker L5 that was wired to 4 ohms because I only had a Kicker cx600.1 which is not 1 ohm stable.. I went ahead and bought a Sundown SAE600d and when i took out the Sub to wired it in parallel, all was wired down, I connected a DMM to the box terminal and it was reading 1.8 ohm which i thought it was weird, i knew its never exact but i mean .8 sounds like a lot of a difference. So after connecting the SAE600d i was very unhappy because it almost sounded the same lol.... maybe just a tad louder. My question is, if this is the case of it reading 1.8 ohms, and im no expert by any means but out logic it seems to be closer to 2 ohms than 1 ohm so wouldnt the kicker push better than the SAE600d in this case and also remain quite stable since its really not dropping too much under 2 ohms? thanks for the help.*

I did not expect to have this problem so I did not check what was the reading... but each individual voice coil reads like 2.8. This is the old school silver with red kicker l5 and was thinking if they would just design them this way for people who wanted to just run one Sub with their non 1 ohm stable amps.....idk.. if i get better leads will that fix that resistance at the leads problem? also how can i respond to a reply specifically ? im new to this forum as a member but been following information here for a long time. 

Archived