Twistedmister Posted August 17, 2018 Author Report Posted August 17, 2018 12 hours ago, DiBo said: Don't wire the xtr down under 1ohm. I wouldn't. I'd just buy a bigger amp and run higher ohms.
Twistedmister Posted August 21, 2018 Author Report Posted August 21, 2018 On 8/16/2018 at 8:20 AM, DiBo said: Don't wire the xtr down under 1ohm. What about the hcca3000.1 spls. .67 ohms? I have a 250 alt. An extra excess power battery. All 0 gauge. It has 3 inputs. Fir power and ground. But I only have 1 battery. Do I need to use all 3 inputs? The guy i got the amp from just used a 1 to 3 splitter which doesn't make any sense to me.
DiBo Posted August 28, 2018 Report Posted August 28, 2018 On 8/20/2018 at 9:59 PM, Twistedmister said: What about the hcca3000.1 spls. .67 ohms? I have a 250 alt. An extra excess power battery. All 0 gauge. It has 3 inputs. Fir power and ground. But I only have 1 battery. Do I need to use all 3 inputs? The guy i got the amp from just used a 1 to 3 splitter which doesn't make any sense to me. Hcca can be wired down for certain. If use all inputs if I were you. That's just me tho. Use them if they're there. Haha
CleanSierra Posted August 29, 2018 Report Posted August 29, 2018 You don't have to use them all, depending on what your amperage draw will be. If you're going to run below 1 ohm, the amp is going to draw a bunch of amps, run wire to all supplied inputs. Run multiple wires off of the single battery. Get some distribution blocks for that battery from Ill customz or Sky High or any of the companies that make them. You've seen big aluminum distro blocks before right? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Twistedmister Posted August 29, 2018 Author Report Posted August 29, 2018 1 hour ago, CleanSierra said: You don't have to use them all, depending on what your amperage draw will be. If you're going to run below 1 ohm, the amp is going to draw a bunch of amps, run wire to all supplied inputs. Run multiple wires off of the single battery. Get some distribution blocks for that battery from Ill customz or Sky High or any of the companies that make them. You've seen big aluminum distro blocks before right? Yeah. I need to find some distro blocks with fuses. I know smd makes some. I'll check lll customs. Thanks!
CleanSierra Posted August 29, 2018 Report Posted August 29, 2018 The distro blocks I'm referring to are just big chunks of aluminum or copper with ways to route wire from battery terminals. Like this: Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.