Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Ohms and resistance. 3 d4 subs close to 1 ohm?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm curious how close to 1 ohm I can get with 12dvc d4s. Straight parallel I get.  Straight series I get. But when I start mixing the two I get confused.

If I parallel the first two all the way I end at 1 ohm.  If I add a third, parallel to itself but then series to the other 2, does that put me at 1.25 ohms?  Is there a formula that can be used for mixing and matching series and parallel?  I read somewhere that the last sub that's in series would see less power.  Is this true or would they still split it evenly.  Thanks in advance for the help.   

Posted

Those are the only ways to do it. If you tried what you were thinking, you'd end up with unequal distribution of power.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

each sub would have a single resistance of 8 ohms then divide that by 3 not 6. just wire it down to .67, your amp should be able to handle that if it's a 1 ohm stable amp.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

U better have a HO Alternator and batteries at .6 cause your electrical is gonna take a pounding and if it can’t handle it your amp will probably blow.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Posted
4 hours ago, Ron36 said:

U better have a HO Alternator and batteries at .6 cause your electrical is gonna take a pounding and if it can’t handle it your amp will probably blow.

Yeah. I have a 250 and an extra battery.  I'd probably go with the 2 ohm load and get a bigger amp.  I have the xtr 2500 and it gets hot enough at 1 ohm.  I have fans but .67 ohms sounds scary.  Haha

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 887 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...