Sonic Electronix

Auto glass bass/vibration protection

hello everyone,

I have just installed 4 Memphis 12's in a custom box in the back of my 2 door jeep wrangler, all 4 are pointed up, no back seat. what can I apply to the glass on the hard top (left/right) and the rear glass to limit the vibration. I want to run up the bass, but not shatter my glass. any tips/tricks/product names that can prevent this is greatly appreciated. thanks everybody.

Plexi glass windows would be ya best bet, I have talked to window installers before and not even tint will save them from shattering or cracking with so much BASS!

Hence why you see alot of the SPL vehicles use Plexi-glass windshields and windows so nothing will happen or it can but it would take alot more pressure then most systems can put out.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

At least you used their “butyl” line and not their Peel and seal line... anyways yeah window vibration is pretty much unavoidable.. haven’t seen anyone do it on windows give it a go and let us know if it helped a little lol

Just throwing this out there but i doubt youll break the glass with those woofers. Are the windows themselves vibrating? Do they pop out like a wing window? If you can remove them take them out and run a bead of second skin damp rope around them or around the latching edge. That should keep them tight. Pics of the windows would help others help u.

Archived