Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Just a few questions (please help)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 Skar Audio ddx 12’s and a Skar Audio 1200.1d amp. If I wire both subs to two ohms to the amp, will it remain at a cool temperature? And will I need to upgrade to a second battery because my alternator is only 90 amps and I can’t buy a new one for the year I have. And what’s the most efficient way to mount a amp under a seat, I was just assuming to get like brackets to mount the amp a inch or so off the carpet floor so it can ventilate. And when taking my subs back out of the box (it Is screwed in) should I fill in the old holes I used with wood glue? And reuse them or fill them in with wood glue and just use new holes?

Posted

With a 2 ohm load that amp won't overheat. Hell....at 1 ohm it wouldn't overheat. It's rated for 1 ohm stable.

If an alternator isn't available for your car, get an upgraded XS battery for your car. Their website has a chart for what battery to buy.

I don't have any answers for the other two questions.

 

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Posted

Yea but those XS power battery’s are expensive, what if I went to my local battery recycle place and bought a regular car battery that works and ran it parallel to my main battery and just ran the amp off the second battery? 

Posted
2 hours ago, Bichael69 said:

Yea but those XS power battery’s are expensive

Yeah but they're worth it. Trust me.

If you buy some bullsh*t used battery.....I doubt there is a warranty and you have to spend money buying the necessary wire/terminals to hook it up......as well as mount it.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Posted

You are right, but terminals and wire would together be $20 and the battery is only $30 so it isn’t like I’d be losing out on a lot, but what battery would you recommend buying from XS power? I have a 01 Toyota Camry. 

Posted

I mean for a amp the size of 1200watts I really think it should be fine on the stock 90 amps alternator and singular battery. I think the best way to go would to be get another 90 Amps alternator and make a custom bracket to mount it.

Posted

Doesn’t just adding a second battery make it so you can listen to music and shit when the cars off last longer before you drain your battery? 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 881 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...