Sonic Electronix

Just a few questions (please help)

The alt is the source so in a way yes. If your battery is dying then you need more source or less load. Typically 2 batteries won't be an issue for an alternator so if yours can't keep up with one, you may just have a bad alternator. Have you had it tested?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck. If u think 150 for a batt is expensive dont look at alt prices. If your alt isnt charging your batt replacing it with a stock replacement is your cheapest solution. Im betting your alt is failing under load. Even with the 500 to 600 watts your seeing of actual constant draw it shouldnt be killing your batt like that. I run 2 amps with around 1200 watts rms at full output and probly around 800 realistically and i jam on it for long periods and have never had any of the issues youve had. Replace your alt and i bet all your problems stop.

battery tested too? That shouldn't be killing your battery, something isn't right.

You probably said it, but what coil configuration are your subs (2 subs right)? Maybe you aren't running your amp where you think you are.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

But their test usually wont b under a load. Especially not around 100 amps wich is wat ud b pulling. Start your car. Use a dmm to test voltage at the alternator studs so u see wat it normally runs. Anything under 13.8 or so is bad. If thats good turn your stereo up and measure again.

Yep I got the battery tested yesterday even,  it’s a 90 amp stock alternator for a little 2.2L 4 CL. They are dual 2 ohm subs, 2 of them wired to two ohms exact. And I don’t have a dmm to test voltage. And note I’m 16 so I have limited sources. 

Should also input that I have my radiator fans ran to a off/on switch cause the automatic sensor stopped working. Just to throw that out their if that changes anything. Don’t get me wrong Ik some stuff about car audio, but I’m far from intelligently informed. Lol that’s why I’m counting on help from you guys. 

You need a new alt. If you have a salvage yard near u go get a new one. Or order a refurbished oem one on ebay. Should b around 35 bucks or so id think. I use the12volt.com for wiring info. They have a wiring diagram section that will help u make sure your wired correctly.

You obviously didnt fully read my post or understand when i told you your current alt is failing under load. Its wats causing your issue. Not the fact that it cant keep up with the current draw. Plenty of people run more power than you on small stock alts and dont have these issues. But i forgot. Your 16 so you know it all. Even tho you made a post saying please help.

Archived