Sonic Electronix

Aftermarket Subs and Amp retaining Factory unit

Hello, been some time since last visit. I’ll make it short and simple, have a 2015 Challenger SXT Plus with the Alpine system. Am unsure if it’s the 6 or 10 speaker model. Wishing to add a SAE2000 and a X12. Wife would like to keep the factory head unit and speakers for now, read something about needing a specific LOC for it since the car is amplified? True or not? Whatever the case, would like to be pointed in the general direction to get this bad beauty bumpin. Thanks, -R

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

My Honda Civic came with a factory amplifier similar to what your Challenger has. Depending on what your willing to do/sacrifice from the factory speakers this is an easy or somewhat tedious job.

If your Challenger comes with a factory subwoofer then this is super easy, get a pair of RCAs and this: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/rf-hlc/  It is a Hi-Lo converter or LOC. Basically all it does it takes the amplified signal coming from the factory amplifier and outputs a low level RCA output similar to what an aftermarket headunit outputs. All you would need to do is either splice into the factory subwoofer harness a decent amount away from the harness so if you wanted to remove it you could either solder / tape up where you taped into. Or to unhook the subwoofers harness and splice into the hardness so that all of the signal is going to your Hi-Lo converter / and into the sub amp. 

If you do not have a factory subwoofer you can still do this except you will need to splice into the rear left and rear right speakers following the same procedure except doing it twice. 

My first setup was done this way, but I have now moved onto an aftermarket headunit so this is no longer necessary. In my opinion you get a better quality signal from an aftermarket headunit RCAs then a Hi-Lo converter, but only marginally. I don't think it will make too much of a difference especially with a mono amplifier going to subwoofers. 

Some amps come with a switch that will allow you to use the back speakers with high / low inputs to turn the amp on without needing to run a remote just power an ground, see if one of those kinda amps would work.

I know my JBL GTO 1001EZ is capable of doing that an has some spkr to rca connections

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived