Bdillon33 Posted August 28, 2018 Report Posted August 28, 2018 Hello, new to the forum. I'm trying to design a ported/vented box for four American Bass VFL8d4's. I think each of them needs .65 cu.ft. The speaker displacement is roughly .08. I would like the box to be tuned to 35 hz. Could I accomplish that with a 3.5 cu.ft. box? I don't know how to tune a box with the ports. Amy thoughts? I'm going to be running them at 1 ohm and about 3,000 rms. (750 each).
ckeeler11 Posted August 30, 2018 Report Posted August 30, 2018 Nope box will need to be bigger. you are gonna want to be around 70.0 sq. in of port if going slot ported so will put you way below correct volume trying to get any reasonable tune on it.
mestapho Posted September 14, 2018 Report Posted September 14, 2018 Here's a box that I built for four 8's tuned to 36 Hz in 4 cubes https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/legacymodel.html?id=752376f8-6513-48bb-a0f9-408b049d1d41&legacyredirect=backend With the Torres sheet: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/legacymodel.html?id=8797cd6d-03df-46ad-b458-8bfa803b2561&legacyredirect=backend
shredder2 Posted September 14, 2018 Report Posted September 14, 2018 3k of input on 4 8's... wow... you'll need a lil' port area for sure on that, it looks like it's gonna be fun to find a compromise that'll work well.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.