Mixing AGM with lithium?

AGM pulls your system voltage down a very small amount, basically miniscule.  Ive ran AGM under the hood and lithium in the back for about a year or so.  No complaints.  I keep the AGM under the hood bc this is my daily driver and sometimes I have to do maintenance, so I disconnect the lithium in those instances.  And, in the rare case I have to take my car into the shop (almost never), they wont have the opportunity to fuck up my lithium.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Running JY although I hear good things about Limitless.  Seen the build quality in both so I think its a crap shoot.  A lot of guys are doing DIY lithium nowadays.  I would consider building my own bank, but I wouldnt buy a homemade bank unless every fucking connection was video'd or visible thru acrylic case or something.

Nothing to be concerned with really.  13.3V rest.  Dont charge over 15V.  Plug and play.

Running a Mechman 320A currently.  Does the job, same parts as most HO alts (maybe even cheaper parts than most, honestly.  Singer and US have nicer rectifier, diodes, and connections).  Although, it makes 316A HOT AF and continuous after an hour of demoing, and about 167A continuous at idle.  

I recommend a large case hairpin if you can afford it.  Theres some alt builders that inflate the ratings a bit and dont make large case alts.  Someones gonna reply with 'my small case works just fine'.  And it does, but it just doesnt do shit at idle.  I like to be able to set the system to demo mode and step out of the car and not worry about the alt speed.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

36 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Running JY although I hear good things about Limitless.  Seen the build quality in both so I think its a crap shoot.  A lot of guys are doing DIY lithium nowadays.  I would consider building my own bank, but I wouldnt buy a homemade bank unless every fucking connection was video'd or visible thru acrylic case or something.

Nothing to be concerned with really.  13.3V rest.  Dont charge over 15V.  Plug and play.

Running a Mechman 320A currently.  Does the job, same parts as most HO alts (maybe even cheaper parts than most, honestly.  Singer and US have nicer rectifier, diodes, and connections).  Although, it makes 316A HOT AF and continuous after an hour of demoing, and about 167A continuous at idle.  

I recommend a large case hairpin if you can afford it.  Theres some alt builders that inflate the ratings a bit and dont make large case alts.  Someones gonna reply with 'my small case works just fine'.  And it does, but it just doesnt do shit at idle.  I like to be able to set the system to demo mode and step out of the car and not worry about the alt speed.

A lot of useful info. Thanks man

Though it may not be immediately detrimental and end in a ball of flames, I definitely recommend isolating your lithium and AGM. That way you don't have to worry about parasitic draw between them and their different open circuit resting voltages. You will only prolong the life of your batteries by isolating them properly from one another.

Archived