Second Skin Audio

15 Options

dnewell2004

50 minutes ago, bmwking said:

Yeah these are like the soundqubed hdc woofers for cheaper. You might've actually found the best sub $200 15 out there lol. Can't speak on durability or sound ( just cuz they look like to soundqubed doesn't mean they sound like them) haha. But looks like a damn decent sub. 

What about 2 of these

https://planetstereos.com/product/xl-1504d-15-subwoofer/

Found them on eBay for $90 new. More cone area could be a good thing. I ran the extremes when they first came out and sold them to a buddy. They're still pounding. I have been a fan of Powerbass for the money. I just haven't heard AB or Sundown in person.

Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?"

Me: "What is your ohm load?"

Them: "What's an ohm load?"

51 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Yeah these are like the soundqubed hdc woofers for cheaper. You might've actually found the best sub $200 15 out there lol. Can't speak on durability or sound ( just cuz they look like to soundqubed doesn't mean they sound like them) haha. But looks like a damn decent sub. 

i run 2 of the XFL12s on 2k daily.  they have exceeded every expectation i had of them.  so much so i have 2 more im slowly rebuilding (when i find time and motivation) so i can flat wall 4 on 5k.

29 minutes ago, dnewell2004 said:

What about 2 of these

https://planetstereos.com/product/xl-1504d-15-subwoofer/

Found them on eBay for $90 new. More cone area could be a good thing. I ran the extremes when they first came out and sold them to a buddy. They're still pounding. I have been a fan of Powerbass for the money. I just haven't heard AB or Sundown in person.

7.5mm xmax.  2.5" coil.  500w rms.

or a single xfl15 w/ a 3" coil.  1000w rms (conservatively). and 19mm xmax each way.

you will enjoy the xfl for a lot longer than the powerbass.

20 hours ago, DiBo said:

Hard to find a 15" woofer that takes the pounding the sa series does all while staying very musical for well under $300. Jmo. You get a lot for your money with these. 

Not disagreeing. The SA is a great sub but not anywhere near the best selling of all time.  Would definitely be on my list if doing a build with 15's.

4 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

Not disagreeing. The SA is a great sub but not anywhere near the best selling of all time.  Would definitely be on my list if doing a build with 15's.

I think the 12 inch sa might be the best selling sub ever. Probably a toss-up between that and whatever low model woofer JL sells gobs and gobs of lol

Archived