Second Skin Audio

port area question....

MarcoPT

2 hours ago, MarcoPT said:

and the air velocity at 18 m/s is cool to? i will round the edges of the mdf in and out 

You should be great with a peak air velocity of 18 m/sec. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

thanks a lot guys... now other think that i cant find a simple answer how do i measure the port? 

thats the box i will build...  
what line sould i measure to get the right lenght of the port?

green line
red line
blue line
yellow line 
purple line

box.jpg

18 minutes ago, MarcoPT said:

thanks a lot guys... now other think that i cant find a simple answer how do i measure the port? 

thats the box i will build...  
what line sould i measure to get the right lenght of the port?

green line
red line
blue line
yellow line 
purple line

box.jpg

Red line, the center line down the port

that what i thought but i try to confirm by getting some info on the web but we see every thing there, every line was some info that i saw on the net but it dosent make sense cuz the air dont travel stuck to walls, it travels thrue the port all of it right so the in my head what counts is the center, but since this is my first slot port i like to confir with you guys

Yup, you would use the red line.  Measure right down the center of the port to get port length.

If you want to post up your design on the forum here before you build it we can let you know everything looks right.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i use software to make calculations, the12v for cf vs size calcualtion and winsd alpha for port tune air velocity an area, but the desing and cut sheat is made by me on paper... but is basically that draw that i made up there on paintshop pro lol

*is about 2.1cf after sub, port and bracing desplacement
*L shape slot port 3.15" by 13.4"tune to 35hz
*45º on all the conners, and the bracing  i think 1 horizontal  1.5" round wood rod will be just fine since is a small box and the top and       bottom will take a lot of screws i think vertical bracing will not be needed rigth
*every thing will be glooed, screwed up and seald up with a special silicone 

Archived