Second Skin Audio

Possible T-line box?

bmwking

Hey guys, 

I made a post in the last year (not expecting anyone to remember) looking for help making a box for a buddy's '14 F150 supercab for a CT meso 8 in an under seat box on about 900rms.  You guys all gave lots of good advice and help, so thanks for that!  I finally got around to getting the sub from him to do actual physical measurements and have figured out that the sub just wont fit (some of you said this too, I just had to see for myself). 

So I got to thinking, what if i could do a ported or even a t-line box in the same space for 2 of the meso 6.5s?

The available space (he won't lift the rear seat) is:

33" length
11" depth
8" front height and 6" rear height

I'd be pretty interested in doing a t-line if possible, otherwise ported will be the way to go.

So what do you think?  Possible?  Maybe someone could help with the design as I have no clue about t-lines ?

Thanks guys!

The line length for a 40Hz tuning would be about 85", assuming a single sub Sd of 110 square cm, the line volume using two subs would be 85x34 = 2890 cubic inches or about 1.6 cubic feet, your gross volume with your dimensions amount to 1 cubic feet so a traditional non tapered design would not be possible in that space. If a lower efficiency tapered design was possible, building it would not be very easy with that slanted top.

On the other hand a ported box may be possible if you could find 3.5" - 3.75" PVC pipe.

4 hours ago, Joe X said:

The line length for a 40Hz tuning would be about 85", assuming a single sub Sd of 110 square cm, the line volume using two subs would be 85x34 = 2890 cubic inches or about 1.6 cubic feet, your gross volume with your dimensions amount to 1 cubic feet so a traditional non tapered design would not be possible in that space. If a lower efficiency tapered design was possible, building it would not be very easy with that slanted top.

On the other hand a ported box may be possible if you could find 3.5" - 3.75" PVC pipe.

i really appreciate your help sir

i'm all for doing a regular ported.  however i can only seem to find 3" or 4" pvc, not 3.5/3.75"

could i make something work with either 3 or 4 inch?

You could do the following or something like it as feasible, bracing is necessary as it uses 5/8" wood :

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 38 Hz
Vb = 0.8 ft^3

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is  5/8 for all Parts.

Port Quantity and Dimensions:

Number of Ports = 1
Pipe Port Diameter = 4
Pipe Port Length = 27 

ct65.jpg

16 hours ago, Joe X said:

You could do the following or something like it as feasible, bracing is necessary as it uses 5/8" wood :

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 38 Hz
Vb = 0.8 ft^3

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is  5/8 for all Parts.

Port Quantity and Dimensions:

Number of Ports = 1
Pipe Port Diameter = 4
Pipe Port Length = 27 

ct65.jpg

thats perfect and beautiful, thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...