Second Skin Audio

Help needed for ported box with 2 sundown 6.5 X

Impression

Hello and thanks in advance

I am not an expert in box building but have done alot in the past. I did alot if searching on the internet snd here before posting and saw alot of info on here.

I am asking for help with a ported box for 2-  6.5 sundown X in a ported box. My max measurements are 35x 10x10 for space in my smart car. Would a box for 32hz be great for these woofers.

I am wondering if I can get a design with port in middle and woofers side by side or just stick with the basic port on one side and both woofers on the other end.

Thanks in advance 

22 hours ago, Joe X said:

Yes you can, the 1/2" increased port length would not be an issue, not necessary though, just one or two rods like the one shown in the figure would work. 

What if i add a small piece behind the woofers inside the box and use that to recess them would the cubic space change ? the woofers would mount 3/4 lower

Sorry for the newbie questions

2 hours ago, Impression said:

What if i add a small piece behind the woofers inside the box and use that to recess them would the cubic space change ? the woofers would mount 3/4 lower

that would change the inner volume yes.  for minimal effect, adding a double baffle is the way to go.

3 hours ago, Impression said:

Here's something different that keeps your internal volume and lets you recess your subs:  

Power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 1 5/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

x65.jpg

2x6-5-SFPF.jpg

Archived