Need some input on a new starter batt.

Hi all - it would appear that my four year old Autocraft gold 96R-3 is shitting the bed at a bad time. 

My mounting dimensions look to be

L- 11.5"

W - 6.875"

H - 6.75" to maybe 7.5"

Unfortunately, that width is really tight and I don't see any way I can expand it. Very cramped area in the bay of a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr.  

I really want to put in a D3400, but I would be banking on mounting it side down and hoping there's enough height for everything... and that's probably not a good idea.

Without being able to put in a D3400, it seems to drop me all the way down to a D1200. At that point, I don't know if going the XSPower route would even be a good idea. Any input?

Waaaaaaait. I might just be dumb.

I guess I'm just worried about the height because my current bat is 6.75 and it looked kinda tight on the vapor shield. I guess the best idea would be to stack something 8" high and see if the hood closes? I wouldn't exactly want my terminals pushing into the vapor shield, sounds kinda dangerous if it rips and then the terminals are hitting the hood frame...

but fuck, I want a d3400 in this bitch

If its to tall you can also put padding under the hood so you get no shorts.   Alot of vehicles come with padding or some sort of separator that's attached to the hood above the bat.  

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived