Sonic Electronix

Yeah im a little new here. But not to new about installing radio's and amps and so on but I really need some help with this...

I just put my system into my car and when i was wiring the amps up to the radio I have some Rca problem's...

I have a Universal Bass Knob with Digital Voltmeter  from CT sounds. here is where the problem starts. I didn't have the Rca's plugged from the radio to the bass knob but some how my amps was still getting the signal from the radio. The bass was playing and in sync with the music that was playing at the time... I did have the Rca's from the Bass Knob to the amps plugged in..

Now when I plug in the Rca's from the radio to the Bass Knob it still get signal and all that but i can't adjust the bass with the knob at all.. can't make it go up or down..

I did plug in another bass knob that you can control the bass via Rca's and it did the same thing to where I can't control the bass at all. This Bass knob is not powered or anything like the CT Sounds one is.. 

This system has been in two cars and the first car that i had it in. I didn't have any problems at all with it. But know that I have it in another car Im having this problem with the Rca's and i have never has this happen before...

The First car that i had it in was a Pt Cruiser. now i have it in a Chevy Malibu.... if this helps any

Any help on this would be awesome help....... 

Uh if there is no rcas from deck to amp there isn’t going to be a signal so unless you have a blue tooth amp or you ran more then one set of rcas and  are trying to use the wrong rcas you must have magic or your amp has high level inputs and those are hooked up

Thats the thing. No more then one Rca's from the radio to the bass knob and then to the amps from the bass knob. and my amps are none bluetooth amps.... 

Soooo i really don't know how or why the amps are getting signal from the radio if the Rca's are not hooked up from the radio

Archived