Sonic Electronix

Northstar Battery Wattage Chart

On 12/31/2018 at 5:59 AM, Xplode69 said:

Hello good day, as the topics says, does anyone have a wattage chart for different types of Northstar batteries? Been looking for one online but had no luck.

Wattage charts are useless imo. There's no way that a single group 31 (of any brand) is going to handle 3k RMS lol. XS power is full of shit. Gp car audio too with their "Northstar is the best" bs. For me to run 3k RMS ( clamped) it takes 2-3 xp3000's or kinetik hc2400's. And that's with a 320 amp singer alt. Jmo and experience with bogus power claims by battery companies. 

PS first like is on me. Welcome to SMD

On 1/1/2019 at 10:04 PM, DiBo said:

Wattage charts are useless imo. There's no way that a single group 31 (of any brand) is going to handle 3k RMS lol. XS power is full of shit. Gp car audio too with their "Northstar is the best" bs. For me to run 3k RMS ( clamped) it takes 2-3 xp3000's or kinetik hc2400's. And that's with a 320 amp singer alt. Jmo and experience with bogus power claims by battery companies. 

PS first like is on me. Welcome to SMD

Thank you kind sir, I shall do some research and see what extra electrical I need to add. Also I wanted to run 2500 rms as well so I think I'll follow your system in a budget manner. I'll try a d3400 infront, xp 3000 in the back with a 240amp mechman alt and see how my voltage cooperates from there.( Amplifier is a deafbonce 2000.1)

On 1/1/2019 at 10:13 PM, will77530 said:

Does the battery have any rating on it at all besides cca?

It has these ratings  ( check pic) but from what DiBo is implying, takes power to make power. So I'll just fit the biggest battery that I can infront then look to upgrade my alternator. At the moment I only have a stock 80amp alternator so need to get that upgraded soon.

Thanks for your replies and input :) 

Screenshot_20190106-065813_Chrome.jpg

Archived