Second Skin Audio

Box help for American Bass XFl 10

WilliG

Thanks for all the help,i know I'm short on volume,I am trying to polish a turd so to speak,I found the box in garbage,the subs didn't cost me anything and I took the amp from my summer car. I was just trying to get it as close and as low as u can with what I have...Thank you all for the help. If I have to I'll make a new plate,pack some polyfill in it and run it sealed with my  smaller old school crossfire vrd 1000 instead of the skar amp

You can still do the port external and reverse mount the subs to get a 2 cubic feet net box, it would look ugly but it would keep size acceptable, that's one thing you can do or run it sealed as you intend, it's an acceptable solution too if you can live with sealed, American bass subs usually can work both in sealed and ported  boxes, no problem there.

Friend was telling me to do that and bring the port up through the rear deck so that it fires off the back window to improve sound,so if I was to do that what length port would I need? I'm not doing the rear deck thing ,that would be to much for a winter car..I'll prolly just seal it up ,but I may play around just as a learning experience Thank you again for the help

The 6" port would need to be 34" in length, since your box is 35" wide just running it along the width on the back to fire sideways would make it even not that visible so subs firing back port firing sideways, box spec would be 1.93 cubic feet @32Hz, you will need an elbow to turn the port, just use PVC pipe,  as a temporary setup it seems ok specs wise.

Archived