My Parents House Burned Down

sorry to hear about the loss. really sad to see how it sits right now.. hope the best for you and your mother..

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

thats terrible man, sorry about that.. Couldnt imagine loosing so much and so many memories in a few hours..

One thing i noticed is it just me or what??? But when i looked at the pic of the gable and 3 windows in ur attick im assuming i saw a scream mask / devil :blink:

Just at a quick glance?

man i think i am seeing things , and am not to observant tonight .. no windows .. Just a hole in the house :(

Sorry, don't know which pic? "It twas da debil!"

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

After looking at the pics again, It doesn't look that bad to put back together.

It's hard to tell from the pics but did it start in the kitchen / service area?

It's going to be from a top plate up rebuild. Full redo of all the drywall and it will need stud replacing on anything that has checking more then a 1/4" deep. So if you can't scrape the burn off and get wood in 1/4 then it has to go. The longer the smoke is on things, the more damage that it is causing. The windows and glass will start to pit within a week with the smoke on them.

I would look into pulling and cleaning what can't be replaced real soon. Pictures and other items can be cleaned. Clothes electronics and furniture will just cost more money then the insurance company will think their are worth to clean. That will eat into the rebuilding budget.

I wish I was closer man, I would give you guys all my time to help you through this. Fire by far is the worst thing to happen to a home.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I might as well add more so at least anyone reading this will be if anything more informed.

First thing is the program they used to calculate cost to loss. It's called Xactimate. It is the only one used in the insurance business. Ask a contractor if they use it or not. Insurance companies will ONLY pay off this program, so if they haven't heard of it or don't use it then I would look elsewhere.

There are contractors that only do resto work, these guys will work with the program and will usually have worked with you insurance company.

You do not have to use the contractor your insurance agent recommends. You can get different bids. Use the printout of the scope of work your agent will have. Ask for it, it is very helpful.

Xactimate pays down to the inch so if the measurements are off so is the money. If you have 40 linear feet of baseboard, and they measure 39.6 You get paid on 39.6

It should take your agent at least 3 hours to write up a scope of work. This looks like a large loss claim so that will be the type of agent you get. You might have a medium agent come out first but anything over 25K will be kicked up to a bigger agent.

As far as agents, there are 3 types CA ,IA , PA

CA / IA Company adjuster / Independent adjuster. Depending on the policy you have, you will have one of these 2 types of adjusters. Both work for the company you have a policy with IA's usually work for more then one company.

PA's - Private adjusters. these guys are scum! Stay away from them, They will chase fire trucks to get your money. They will work as a middle man in this process and do nothing more then take as much as 20% as a consultant. They will do nothing for you! Do not sign any contracts unless you are with your agent.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived