Second Skin Audio

Sub box

Providing information about what subs and amps you will be using will help you receive a more accurate answer

7 hours ago, reedal said:

Providing information about what subs and amps you will be using will help you receive a more accurate answer

3 contralto 15s on a ns1 v1

I was gonna do 2 10in ports since already have them but came out 150in2 port area (which think is too high???? Idk)

So did it with 2 8in aeroports and it came out with the results in the picture. 

I think it is likely too little port area for that power, and in my opinion you are a little high on net volume, so by increasing port size, you can drop the net volume down a couple cubes which should result in lower port velocity and a wider bandwidth. I would definitely recommend downloading a good enclosure program to model it and get the sound you want.

2 hours ago, reedal said:

I think it is likely too little port area for that power, and in my opinion you are a little high on net volume, so by increasing port size, you can drop the net volume down a couple cubes which should result in lower port velocity and a wider bandwidth. I would definitely recommend downloading a good enclosure program to model it and get the sound you want.

This is what I got with 2 10in aeroports

I was doing a bigger box as subs will be underpowered...

They call for 3-4cuft each...

Screenshot_20190301-164511_Ultimate Car Audio App.jpg

What coil configuration are your subs? I can run the numbers through winISD and try to get you a rough idea of performance. Unless someone else beats me to it.

So here is a snap of Triticums calculator. 314654177_contralto15.JPG.3d3991b5de423476eadadbf37d183c2b.JPG

even though you'll be wired low and i'm quite sure that amp does more than the paper rating anyways, that's the port area you should be shooting for on 6500 watts with the two 10" ports. On winISD, the two 8" ports keep velocity higher than 40m/s, and the 10" dropped it down to ~34m/s. The frequency response peaked hard at tuning, but i think that was due to crappy t/s from crescendo, or just winISD being picky. then the program crashed on me and i stopped there. while you may want to make the enclosure a little larger to compensate for your power-to-sub ratio, larger = peakier. My personal preference is to stick to the smaller side of net volume for a wider bandwidth, but to each his own.

More port area is needed for sure though in order to keep port velocity and noise down. two 12" ports puts you just below triticums optimal area.

I was trying to do the box smaller then everything went red on the app lol

This will be the 2nd box I ever built lol

I think I have 2 10in ports already (unless my mom through them in the trash) 

Why wanted to make it work

Those ports are not cheap at all

Archived