I'm debating on new batteries for my truck. I have a 97 GMC Sierra with 2 battery trays. Right now I have 2 interstate deep cycles and two small no name sealed batteries. Dual runs shca 1/0 over sized, big 4 with double runs on EVERYTHING. About 3500rms , 160a alt ( yeah I know, need something bigger, saving still). I wanna eliminate the two small sealed batteries behind my rear seat in the truck just because its cramped as it is. I have a bout a $200 budget which I know isn't much . Found some smaller batteries like a kenetic hc-600, I could afford 4 of them, two in each battery trays and all in parallel, would that be better than maybe a single stinger ssb2000 and then buy a second one when I save a few more bucks? I'm not set at all on a brand/size battery just throwing examples out there as it would seem 4 in parallel would be better than 2 in parallel.

1997 GMC Sierra 1500, 33x12.50r20s, pioneer avh-p3200bt, infinity reference 6.5" components, reference 4" , ppi ice 7000.1d, ppi ice 1000.4, big 4, 4 batteries ( 2 front, 2 rear) dual runs 1/0 , 250a alt, 2 American bass es1244 ( looking for other options as we speak)

My thoughts:

2 in parallel vs 4 in parallel is largely irrelevant. It all comes down to the battery's own internal resistance plus that of your wiring. In this case, the measurement to pay mind to is ESR, or equivalent series resistance. If it's not published, it might be worth your time to probe the manufacturer for info being that ESR, combined with RC (Reserve Capacity) provide some fairly objective data on what you can expect from the performance of a battery.

That being said, at 3.5kw, your value-dollar ratio might be better allocated to a high output alternator. What are you dropping to now?