New highs and mids setup.

AaronT

Ok so I've been running jbl 670 gti comps up front and JBL p693 power series 6x9s in rear.

Currently the 6x9s are on a RF t400-2 and up fronts are on a RF t600-2.

Unfortunately after letting my asshead cousin use my car, some one (I don't know how the FUCK ) got to my matrix plus line driver and cranked the front channel all the way right. Killed my tweeters like no one's business.

As I'm going over things I noticed a cracked mount for rear 6x9. So I pulled them and sun damage separated my surrounds from cones.

So everything new, try something else time.

Looking at skar 6.5" mids and thier 1.75" bullet tweeters.

Going to use audio pipe 2 way crossovers to hook them up like components. And Rockford T1692 6x9s in rear.

Here's my question regarding the front speakers. The mid and tweet are 4 ohms each. How is the cover running them? Do they connect them paralel or series inside of the circuit? Or is there something else going on in passive x-overs? What load is my amp going to see from each side of the "components"? 2, 4, or 8 ohm?

Well got the rear speakers installed.

Went with RF T1692's. I'm very very impressed and satisfied so far. Debating on the setup I mentioned above for the front, or the $249 RF T series comps.

I am really going more torward the RF comps, as I like the rears alot. Also I've never heard super tweeters that honestly didn't sound completely out of balance and harsh as 40grit

Archived