Second Skin Audio

I currently have a box in my car holding my 2 NVXvcw154's and running a Skar audio 2000watt amp, but...

the Problem I'm having is the box I'm using is tuned high (i think, its been years since i made it) the new subs i put in will bottom out when i turn them up to a nice volume. I've remedied this by turning my subsonic filter up but its pretty high up there, more than 75% to max. I was wondering if i've designed this new box correctly. I've added a link to the subbox.pro designer and plugged in all the parameters of my subwoofers and the limits of my trunk. I don't know if my port area is too big or too small for the speaker size and box volume. I realize that the box length has a bit of an issue with the length being longer than the box. I plan on angling it to make an L port to fit it in the box. 

If you have any knowledge of box building and you see any problems with this build please let me know! I want these subwoofers to perform to the best of their abilities and that means I need to get this box built correctly. 

I appreciate any help, This is The new box

This is the page with my Subwoofer Specs.

Search for triticums port calculator for port volume. And in terms of its its built right. Use the maufacturers recomendations for size then go maybe .5 cubes over if using a lower tuning. When deaigning an l shaped port remember to measure the centre line to get the length correct.

Archived