Jump to content

Just ordered an DD-1 and had a few questions before it got here.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just ordered me a dd-1 and been watching videos on how to use it, my question is about the head unit EQ, a lot of the videos dont change it to flat.  I would think you would do that but im no expert, does the Head unit EQ settings effect subwoofer output to the amp? 

 

ALso while using bluetooth on iphone to play music with amazon unlimited, what about the phones volume it self?  Do you max that out, then check max Deck volume with the test tones? Just gonna guess that its a balancing game and trial and error i guess.  Ill just have to see myself what it distorts at.  

Also when tuning  bluetooth is using a sine wave generator app good to use for the 40hz and 1khz test tones?  Or do i need to download the lossless files from SMD website?

♦ Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

♦ MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

♦ SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue)  +  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

♦ Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  +  SHCA Pro RCA 

 

Posted

The DD-1 manual says to put all settings to flat while setting gain. I recommend doing that, and then when setting EQ, only lower the high points where you need them to be, not raise/boost the low points, in order to continue avoiding clipping due to an increase in signal voltage. 

I never tested via bluetooth, I used USB connection when I had an iphone. I did test via aux cord using lossless tracks ripped from the CD, and the max clean was four clicks from max volume. Just rip a lossless version from the CD and check via bluetooth

Posted
13 hours ago, reedal said:

The DD-1 manual says to put all settings to flat while setting gain. I recommend doing that, and then when setting EQ, only lower the high points where you need them to be, not raise/boost the low points, in order to continue avoiding clipping due to an increase in signal voltage. 

I never tested via bluetooth, I used USB connection when I had an iphone. I did test via aux cord using lossless tracks ripped from the CD, and the max clean was four clicks from max volume. Just rip a lossless version from the CD and check via bluetooth

Thanks brother for the information, I’ll def get the lossless then from here.  I’m assuming you can download from the phone then play back on bt 

♦ Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

♦ MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

♦ SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue)  +  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

♦ Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  +  SHCA Pro RCA 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 876 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...