Second Skin Audio

GMC crew cab box ideas

Jared420

Well it’s been a minute since I’ve been active on here but I’ve just made a few changes. I traded in my 2012 Silverado extended cab and picked up a new (to me) 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab. 

Looking for for ideas on what you are running or have seen for crew cab builds. 

Looking to keep the box under the back seat. There’s room behind the seat to mount amps. Using the factory bolts, I’m open to lifting the seat 1/2”-3/4”. 

I currently have 3 dc audio level 3 10s from my past build which I was running off an Audioque 2200.1. Although it would be doable, it would be tough to use these 10s with a 6” mount depth. I’m open to selling off this equipment and going with something different. I’m hoping to have something comparable as far as sound goes. We all always want more but that setup was “enough” for me for the last 7 years.

So like I said, looking for ideas, what have you seen fit, what have you seen done and how did it sound? 

Thanks in advance for the input!

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

On 8/27/2019 at 1:18 AM, Vaguy101 said:

I think the most popular thing right now in the gm crew cabs is the 4 8's under the seat . 

This is a picture of a titan , but I've seen alot of the GM's with the same deal it fits perfectly no adjustments needed and you get the right amount of airspace . 

ci6itmqhuno11.jpg

Hmm.. given some measurements I took, I don’t think this config works without raising the seat a bit. Floor to seat bottom in the front face is only about 8”. Without a seat lift kit I’m not sure I’d have the space to forward fire 8s

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

They have a few that can be installed without a seat lift and then boxes with seat lift kits.  Ive looked at them a bunch and none of those pre-made boxes seem to have the right airspace.  The vented version have some really tiny ports too, kinda scared me away from all of them.  Ill prolly just build a dual 8 front facing ported one myself so I can get the volume and port tuning correct.

That's kind of what I've been finding. I'm not opposed to lifting the seat an inch and a half to 2 inches to gain some space so I can make a box. Any experience on what sub/sub and port config sounds best? Front sub Port side or sides etc? If I couldn't gain the space I would stay sealed.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

13 hours ago, BYTizzle said:

Im still in the planning stage on this so I couldn't comment on what actually sounds good.  But I plan to do a forward facing dual 8's ported in our truck one of these weekends.

Sub AND port forward facing? I’ve been seeing more forward subs port side or sides. 

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

• 2 months later...

I have a 18 sierra crew cab, running 2 SSA F8Ls on a DDm2a. Lifted the seat 2 inches. Subs are forward, port to drivers side. But I messed up one sub, so I ordered 2 new ones. Gonna run 3 with a 6" flared aero port all forward fire and see how it does.

I really dont know how people are getting 4 big 8s and proper port area though.

Rough calculations says 3 8s and the 6" port are going to be a fairly tight squeeze even with the 2" lift

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

On 8/26/2019 at 7:23 PM, Jared420 said:

Well it’s been a minute since I’ve been active on here but I’ve just made a few changes. I traded in my 2012 Silverado extended cab and picked up a new (to me) 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab. 

Looking for for ideas on what you are running or have seen for crew cab builds. 

Looking to keep the box under the back seat. There’s room behind the seat to mount amps. Using the factory bolts, I’m open to lifting the seat 1/2”-3/4”. 

I currently have 3 dc audio level 3 10s from my past build which I was running off an Audioque 2200.1. Although it would be doable, it would be tough to use these 10s with a 6” mount depth. I’m open to selling off this equipment and going with something different. I’m hoping to have something comparable as far as sound goes. We all always want more but that setup was “enough” for me for the last 7 years.

So like I said, looking for ideas, what have you seen fit, what have you seen done and how did it sound? 

Thanks in advance for the input!

I have a  2016 Silverado which I assume is the same or similar to yours. This down firing box didn't require lifting the seat but it took a while to build and it's limited to shallow mount subs. 

4.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Archived