how much of a difference between the bed cut you had in the dak and this one? Have a bed cut now and maybe looking into getting a newer suv. Like you said the bed cut does hit some nasty low 30hz notes, but overall how much difference can you hear/feel?

i noticed a HUGE difference. it was set up for some MAD lows due to the box design. i love the way my SUV sounds over the pick up. though both did sound awesome. the lows in the durangho are nice but it also hits the mid and high bass as well

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

• 2 months later...

i missed what size the subs are. are they 12s? what amps are you using on them? whats the measurement left side to right side on your box? what kinda port area are you using. an about whats it average on music loudness wise?

4 T2 15s with the T4k, 2 kinetik 600s, avic n2 with the n3 upgrade, new speakers, maybe custom pod for tweets (later on down the line) HID lights, got tint, getting a tow package, getting exhaust (single out)

sub box is gonna be around 15-17 cu feet subs up and port still deciding whether i want port up or back...also ima make a floating floor and bolt it in and mount the box to that. i wanna know how steve has his mounted so i can do around the same for 2 reasons, 1 theft 2 accident protection. i saw what happened to my truck so i know the momentum behing them loaded boxes with subs and an amp.

1996 Chevy blazer

Pioneer deck dehp6800mp

clarion eq

Hifonics BXI1606d (Subs)

1 18" RE MT

Box specs: 6.7cuft @35hz 14.2sqin of port per cuft (Noobtastic design)

Crunch GP1400.4 (Mids & Highs)

Boston Acoustic mids and highs

Stock alt

Stinger SP800

Bunch of 0 and 4 gauge wire

remt.jpg

4 T2 15s with the T4k, 2 kinetik 600s, avic n2 with the n3 upgrade, new speakers, maybe custom pod for tweets (later on down the line) HID lights, got tint, getting a tow package, getting exhaust (single out)

sub box is gonna be around 15-17 cu feet subs up and port still deciding whether i want port up or back...also ima make a floating floor and bolt it in and mount the box to that. i wanna know how steve has his mounted so i can do around the same for 2 reasons, 1 theft 2 accident protection. i saw what happened to my truck so i know the momentum behing them loaded boxes with subs and an amp.

thanks for sub size, guess i'll wait on chode for the rest of the questions i asked

the box is 40x40 left to right. then 18" tall

a bit smaller than what RF recommends (which is 3.25cubes net/sub with like 50sq"of port area/sub) this is about the biggest i could get it with a double baffle....11.28cubes net (2.82cubes/sub), 144.5sq" of port area (12.81"/cube) tuned at 34.7hz

average on music is i would say around 144.5-145. highest i hit on a sweep was 145.9. got any suggestions on my next box. im thinkin 4 4" aeros. im ready to build ASAP. what i really want is a box a little taller keep the 40x40 and make it around 22 inches tall and use the 4 4" aeros

and thanks duece..if you ever in my area ill def give you a demo. hopefully i have an all new box which will be louder and everything will be running good.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

what are you using for amps?

id say just a bigger box imo, dont know what power each is getting so hard to suggest but if its close to RMS and your rocking a smaller box that may effect your score

1996 Chevy blazer

Pioneer deck dehp6800mp

clarion eq

Hifonics BXI1606d (Subs)

1 18" RE MT

Box specs: 6.7cuft @35hz 14.2sqin of port per cuft (Noobtastic design)

Crunch GP1400.4 (Mids & Highs)

Boston Acoustic mids and highs

Stock alt

Stinger SP800

Bunch of 0 and 4 gauge wire

remt.jpg

i'm sure a bigger enlcosure, HO alt, and a few batteries will get you a higher score ....... don't forget the MLA module too

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived