Speakers cutting out

CodyDaGoat

I have a 97 suburban. I had some hertz aftermarket 6.5s all around for a while which I never had a problem with. Decided to try out the NVX VSP65s. Got all 4 speakers done (2 components, 2 Coaxials, Tweeters are not hooked up yet), and added the crossover to the fronts. I got my speaker input and speaker wires from the kick panels. Tweeters are not hooked in yet, haven't mounted them. I now have a problem where if I turn the deck up (Kenwood KDC-X702) to about 26, all the speakers shut off, deck stays on until I restart it. If I fade to the back it doesn't do it. If I unhook the inputs from the crossover to shut the fronts off, it doesn't do it. If I only have one of the fronts hooked up, it then goes to the cutting out problem (one or the other both do it). The only thing I have done different from the Hertz was add the crossovers (didn't have any hooked up on old one). Where should I go from here? Crossovers are not mounted near metal. Speakers are directly wired into them, and I don't know where to go from here. 

Archived