Second Skin Audio

Rd 2 12" Sonance Review A++++

I had 2 12" RD Sonances and as you all know that I had problems with the voice coils working etc. The tinsel leads that connect to the coil had ripped out on my subs not connecting the coils together. Im not talking about a little soldering job at the terminal, the lead that goes down to the coils themselves. I had messaged Steve and talked to himself over the phone and he said to send them in. He had got them on Thursday morning, called me, takled out a solution of reconeing to a stronger cone, stronger tinsel leads and a strong basket. Had rebuilt the subs and sent them out Friday Morning and had got them today 2 days later. Had got the subs today and opened the box and was in complete shock and awe just looking at the subs and how strong they felt. Cone felt 10x stronger and lighter, basket was thicker, tinsel leads were thicker and you can see they were made strong! Which is what we had talked about. I had put them in the box I had built and already saw a huge difference. They had such a tight sound to them, sounded great and got extrememy loud. Bassknob never even really went above 1/4 and the volume on half of the headunit and their was a noticeable differnce by far! Still going really easy on them to break them in for the rest of the week. Steve, I cant thank you enough for taking care of me, and helping me out and expeically for fixing my subs and being such a gentleman. When Steve wasent able to answer the call someone had taken the call, phone number and he had called me back asap. Customer Service A+++++ and the quality of the new subs is phenominal. Deffintally cant get enough of the new subs.

Heres 2 pics as I took them out of the box. 100_3197.jpg

100_3196.jpg

damn long review..look likes some nice moofers

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

ive ran RD and was one of the first to do so.

great subs if you ask me and steves a kewl guy to kick it with and is very knowledgeable.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ive ran RD and was one of the first to do so.

great subs if you ask me and steves a kewl guy to kick it with and is very knowledgeable.

Yeah he is. Deffintally a really good guy. Hooked me up real well too!

But if you guys do want to hear something funny, If you look at the bottom picture, its when they arent even 5 seconds out of the box, the holes to screw it to the box dont match up to the rubber to seal it to the box. I had to redrill my own holes to screw it into the box. Its alright though.

what kinda power u running

Since my PA2400Ab ran into problems Im running a old power acoustik amp thats pusing around 500 watts each sub and it gets loud as hell. Im probally going to get another 2400 or a crunch 2500.

Archived