fishchris1 Posted November 13, 2019 Report Posted November 13, 2019 So I just built a little enclosure for a beefy little Sundown Audio 8" sub. It is a dual 4 ohm, and before I dropped it in, I wired it up for a 2 ohm load to the amp. Just to be sure all was okay, I checked the resistance, and it was only 1.6 to 1.7 ohms ? I've heard that the resistance of a speaker can (will ?) Change a little under a load. So does 1.6. - 1.7 ohms sound reasonable without the subwoofer actually being used ?
melvinhob Posted November 13, 2019 Report Posted November 13, 2019 Yes that is totally reasonable, subwoofer impedance can change just by you talking while next to it and the vibrations from your voice changing it. I recently ordered a sundown 10 dual 4 ohm and after wiring it in parallel it sat at 1.7 ohms.
Kyblack76 Posted November 13, 2019 Report Posted November 13, 2019 You probably have resistance in your test leads. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
fishchris1 Posted November 13, 2019 Author Report Posted November 13, 2019 Right on. Thanks guys. I figured I was just being a bit worried for nothing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.