Sonic Electronix

Wiring component speakers to one channel

4 minutes ago, Freddboi said:

So I’ll be able to wire The speakers to the amps output through the input of the tweeter on the crossover? And wire two of them in channels one and two in parelell by Simply the speaker terminals from the two tweeter input into one channel of the amp for channels 1 and 2? 

100w @ 4ohm or 150w @ 2ohm, if you run the two front pairs at 8 ohm they will be much softer then the 3rd set on the rear channel. A two/six channel or identical amps would have made this much easier but to work with what you got, keep the front 2 pairs at a 2 ohm parallel load.

2 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Use the t400 for the rear 6x9's, use the t600 for the front.

Run two pairs off the front channel and one pair off the rear.

T600

Channel 1 = wire up two left side crossovers (amp output to xover tweeter input, same with the rest)

Channel 2 = wire up two right side crossovers

Channel 3 = wire up the remaining left crossover

Channel 4 = wire up the remaining right crossover

All RF crossovers that aren't in bi-amp mode use the tweeter input as the main input.

This wiring makes sense to me and I think it will work out with the 3.sixty.3 dsp. I can have 4 channels for the front and 2 for the rear and up to 2 for subs. So I’d be able to do that with this wiring. That really answered a lot of questions for me I’ve been searching for answers for weeks. 

1 hour ago, Freddboi said:

This wiring makes sense to me and I think it will work out with the 3.sixty.3 dsp. I can have 4 channels for the front and 2 for the rear and up to 2 for subs. So I’d be able to do that with this wiring. That really answered a lot of questions for me I’ve been searching for answers for weeks. 

Honestly, its a passive 4.1ch system, it doesn't matter if you only use front/rear/sub vs front/front2/rear/sub, you could split the front stage rca's if you wanted or you could even use the 2ch switch on the t600 and get away with 1 rca for the front.

he is running all drivers in the front doors. That was my reasoning for using a single amp so the power would be evenly distributed. It probably won’t matter in his case if some drivers have more power since I’m guessing he’s just going for loud.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I’m going for CLEAN loud sound, with the t.600 and t.400 I think I figured out a wiring and I wanted to ask you if this would work? Since I’ll be  running a 3.sixty.3  can I ditch the the passive crossovers and set them digitally? 
this is the wiring I came up with today:

T.600.4

Channels 1-2 (bridged) left front 3 mids wired in series or series parallel 

Channels 3-4 (bridged) right front 3 mids wired in series or series parellel whichever would be best. 
T.400 

Channel 1: Left front 3 tweeters wired in series 

Channel 2 : Left front 3 tweeters wired in series

Channel 3 : Rear left 6x9 

Channel 4 : Rear right 6x9 

12ohm bridged + 12ohm bridged for all front midbass drivers off the t600 will work but would be very soft, even in active.

You could do it this way with the tweets (series) off the t400, but the midbass wouldn't get very loud off 25w a piece & you don't want to series parallel a 3 driver single coil load. 

If you want to go active, I'd recommend another t600 or a compatible 6/2 channel for the midbass alone, otherwise just run it all in passive.

Okay I understand what you mean,  im not going to get that clean loud sound I want by underpowering them. I could ditch the t600 and get a compatible Rockford fosgate 2 channel amp let’s say t.1000 or t.1500 and run each 3 sets at 12 ohms on each channel as..... 

Channel 1: left door mids

Channel 2: right door mids 

they should see plently of clean loud power like that and I think it simplifies things doing it that way. I’ve heard guys before talk about how they run all these mids and highs on these 2 channels and now I understand why. 

2 hours ago, Freddboi said:

Okay I understand what you mean,  im not going to get that clean loud sound I want by underpowering them. I could ditch the t600 and get a compatible Rockford fosgate 2 channel amp let’s say t.1000 or t.1500 and run each 3 sets at 12 ohms on each channel as..... 

Channel 1: left door mids

Channel 2: right door mids 

they should see plently of clean loud power like that and I think it simplifies things doing it that way. I’ve heard guys before talk about how they run all these mids and highs on these 2 channels and now I understand why. 

those t1000/1500/2500 aren't full range and only have 1 channel, I don't think RF makes a 1 ohm capable 2 channel, you need to look for a compatible amp or just put another t600, its enough.

54 minutes ago, Freddboi said:

First off I apologize for not getting back to you sooner I work from morning to night, with having 3 amps Im getting a little confused on how the rca layout would be between the 3.sixty.3dsp and the amplifiers. 

In active it becomes low/mid/high or lpf/bpf/hpf.

I would take a look at the 360.3 owners manual, get familiar with all the different types of wiring setups, crossovers ect. otherwise you'll likely have a hard time setting up & tuning an active system.

http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1066

It doesn't have to be this complicated, if anything I'd just swap the t400 with a t600 and run everything in passive, would be a different story with a 600$ midbass but its not.

Archived