Sundown Audio

Amplifier Tuning Help

Kurt439

I have a Kicker KXA800.1 running 1Ohm with Alpine RSeries RW10D2, The amp has a built-in Distortion light on the Gain knob. My Question is.. Would it be better to tune with USB, Bluetooth, Aux? I noticed if I use Bluetooth or Aux cable I have to have my volume on phone maxed out for Spotify and Pandora. I'm just worried if this would cause Trouble in tuning.. Bluetooth or Aux causing distorted signals with Max volume on device? My HeadUnit has 4Volts Pre-Outs with the tune I have now I have about maybe a 10% turn on the knob out of 100%. I have a little bass but it don't really hit until my volume is about 27 and I distort at 30. Any info on this could really help me. Thanks

1 minute ago, Mike4068 said:

I had that amp and ran a type r 15 on it. I really liked it. I found that Bluetooth distorted before the aux. I never ran USB. I always tune with the aux and use spotify for my tracks since that is my music source almost every time. 

Spotify is a must have for me.. what do you tune with 50Hz -0 -5 -10? I'm not to sure on what I should be using?

Depends what music you listen to. I personally use the dd-1 and a - 7.5 40hz tone. If you only have the amp to set gain I'd use - 10 if you listen to rock or country and - 5 if you mainly listen to rap. - 10 is too much for the new recording levels of rap. You'll clip well under max volume. 

1 hour ago, Mike4068 said:

Depends what music you listen to. I personally use the dd-1 and a - 7.5 40hz tone. If you only have the amp to set gain I'd use - 10 if you listen to rock or country and - 5 if you mainly listen to rap. - 10 is too much for the new recording levels of rap. You'll clip well under max volume. 

I listen to basically everything from hip-hop country rock a little bit of all. I have my box tuned at 39Hz 1.4cuft, My sub level is maxed at +10. What is the difference in 40Hz -7.5 and 50Hz -5 any big change??

25 minutes ago, Mike4068 said:

The dd-1 uses a 40 hz tone and - 7.5 lets me get closer to max volume without clipping than - 10. I find - 5 to not be enough when not playing at war levels. Try - 10 and see if you clip too much. If you do try - 5.

Thanks I'll test with both.. I was using 50Hz 0db for tuning maybe I'll get better results with one of those.

Archived